Davis takes oath
by MBJ Staff
Published: April 22,2012
Gregory K. Davis, a Jackson attorney, has been sworn in as the U.S. attorney for the Southern District of Mississippi, filling a position left vacant since 2009. He has become the chief federal law enforcement officer for criminal prosecutions and civil cases in the southern half of the state.
Davis is a native of Utica, and graduated from Mississippi State University in 1984 with a degree in chemical engineering and from the Tulane University Law School in 1987.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- McDaniel delays decision on whether to appeal dismissal of lawsuit
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- More than a dozen school districts sue state over funding
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Woman found guilty of murder in buttocks injection case
- Bryant issues executive order to establish Delta water task force