Davis takes oath
by MBJ Staff
Published: April 22,2012
Gregory K. Davis, a Jackson attorney, has been sworn in as the U.S. attorney for the Southern District of Mississippi, filling a position left vacant since 2009. He has become the chief federal law enforcement officer for criminal prosecutions and civil cases in the southern half of the state.
Davis is a native of Utica, and graduated from Mississippi State University in 1984 with a degree in chemical engineering and from the Tulane University Law School in 1987.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- MDOT: Work on I-269 is on schedule, several phases at halfway point
- Margaritaville owner files for bankruptcy before landlord hearing
- City leaders vote against offering insurance to one adult, possibly same-sex partner
- Delta Council says condition of Highway 6 'of crisis dimensions'
- Severstal completes the sale of Columbus plant to Steel Dynamics
- Another marker going up on Mississippi Country Music Trail
- Researchers fly drone into hurricane for the first time
- House votes for transfer of Yellow Creek Port land to state