MSU veterinary hall of fame inducts Taylor
by MBJ Staff
Published: April 22,2012
Dr. Clyde Taylor, a native of Natchez and charter faculty member of Mississippi State University’s College of Veterinary Medicine, was recently named to the Mississippi Veterinary Medical Association’s Hall of Fame. He spent his entire career in Mississippi, working first in the Department of Agriculture and Commerce, then in private practice in Brandon and finally on the faculty at MSU.
After earning his bachelor’s degree from MSU, Taylor received his doctor of veterinary medicine degree from Auburn University in 1960. He then received a master’s of public health from Tulane University and became a diplomate of the American College of Veterinary Preventative Medicine.
In 1976, Taylor left his private practice to become the second faculty member hired for the then new veterinary school at MSU. Taylor was part of the original 17 founding faculty members when MSU’s College of Veterinary Medicine started in the late 1970s.
Before Taylor’s retirement in 1996, he taught CVM classes, traveled the state as the Extension veterinarian, served as coordinator of special programs for the veterinary college and was assistant to the dean. He is also a member of the Mississippi Cattlemen’s Hall of Fame and an honor roll member of the MVMA and the American Veterinary Medical Association.
Taylor is a past recipient of the National Extension Veterinarian of the Year, the Mississippi Veterinarian of the Year, the Wilford S. Bailey Distinguished Alumni Award from Auburn and the Dean’s Pegasus Award at MSU. He has served MVMA as president and as an executive board member.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- MBJ Special report: MDA numbers help with cities’ retail pitches
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- COO of TL Wallace Construction keeps eye on revenue growth and profits
- RAISING AWARENESS — Lori Newcomb, family join fight against ovarian cancer
- Isle of Capri reports decreased in-state revenues; experiencing 'market pressures'
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- DREAMS AND OYSTERS — Houstons set for August opening of Saltine in Fondren