Community meeting on Aberdeen schools
Published: April 24,2012
ABERDEEN — Conservator Bob Strebeck and other education officials will host a community meeting Tuesday to discuss the future of the district and the time line of the conservatorship.
The meeting will be held at 6 p.m at the Aberdeen High School gymnasium.
The state Board of Education on Friday approved hiring of Strebeck as conservator in the district.
Gov. Phil Bryant approved the state takeover. Bryant says violations of accreditation standards, state law and federal law as well as poor academic performance contributed to his decision to agree to the takeover.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Community meeting on Aberdeen schools”
Top Posts & Pages
- DeSoto County Supervisor Lee dies in ATV accident on his birthday
- Molpus closes Fund after more than $662M in commitments
- Kemper County plant will cost at least another $496M to complete
- Cochran calls on EPA for review of Yazoo Backwater Project
- State Sen. Gandy hospitalized in South America
- Camgian launches Internet of Things product called Egburt
- Former Mississippi First Lady Carroll Waller dies at 87
- After string of losses, O'Hara sees himself as Senate 'protest vote'
- Number of requests for general election absentee ballots roughly same as primary