Community meeting on Aberdeen schools
Published: April 24,2012
ABERDEEN — Conservator Bob Strebeck and other education officials will host a community meeting Tuesday to discuss the future of the district and the time line of the conservatorship.
The meeting will be held at 6 p.m at the Aberdeen High School gymnasium.
The state Board of Education on Friday approved hiring of Strebeck as conservator in the district.
Gov. Phil Bryant approved the state takeover. Bryant says violations of accreditation standards, state law and federal law as well as poor academic performance contributed to his decision to agree to the takeover.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Community meeting on Aberdeen schools”
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Silver Airways ordered to continue service
- Seafood R’evolution set to make Mississippi ‘the new culinary epicenter of the South’
- Bryant signs controversial abortion ban bill
- Soybean yield more than doubles in less than a decade
- Pharma Pac lays off rest of workers; could end up owing state
- Plans unveiled for large shooting range on Coast
- Two Delta groups getting economic development funding
- Ole Miss launches commitment to be 'climate neutral'
- Yarber could be sworn in today as new Jackson mayor
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015