Community meeting on Aberdeen schools
Published: April 24,2012
ABERDEEN — Conservator Bob Strebeck and other education officials will host a community meeting Tuesday to discuss the future of the district and the time line of the conservatorship.
The meeting will be held at 6 p.m at the Aberdeen High School gymnasium.
The state Board of Education on Friday approved hiring of Strebeck as conservator in the district.
Gov. Phil Bryant approved the state takeover. Bryant says violations of accreditation standards, state law and federal law as well as poor academic performance contributed to his decision to agree to the takeover.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Community meeting on Aberdeen schools”
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Moon River Foods creating 100 jobs in Mississippi Delta
- Two BancorpSouth mergers delayed by federal inquiries
- Severstal selling plants, including Severstal Columbus
- Wasted away — Margaritaville in Biloxi to close by Sept. 19
- WILLOUGHBY: Broadband Voice founder Gary Watts isn’t afraid to take chances
- Judge to hear from True the Vote as McDaniel attempts to overturn loss to Cochran
- DAVID DALLAS: Mr. McDaniel goes to Washington
- Communities awarded national Main Street accreditation
- Weyerhaeuser investing $57M to modernize lumber mill
- Google chooses Mad Genius as example of Internet use