Community meeting on Aberdeen schools
Published: April 24,2012
ABERDEEN — Conservator Bob Strebeck and other education officials will host a community meeting Tuesday to discuss the future of the district and the time line of the conservatorship.
The meeting will be held at 6 p.m at the Aberdeen High School gymnasium.
The state Board of Education on Friday approved hiring of Strebeck as conservator in the district.
Gov. Phil Bryant approved the state takeover. Bryant says violations of accreditation standards, state law and federal law as well as poor academic performance contributed to his decision to agree to the takeover.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Community meeting on Aberdeen schools”
Top Posts & Pages
- Spivey named Under 40 Business Person of the Year by the Mississippi Business Journal
- JACK WEATHERLY: Finding a house, defending a neighborhood, finding a voice
- Top 40 Under 40
- Bids on reworking Interstate 55 stretch are rejected
- Terminal upgrade on indefinite hold at Jackson International Airport
- JACK WEATHERLY: Economic development in these parts is a ‘family’ business
- CFPB wants repay ability at center of new payday loan rules
- MDA to close all its regional offices
- Top 40 Under 40 (digital magazine)