Community meeting on Aberdeen schools
Published: April 24,2012
ABERDEEN — Conservator Bob Strebeck and other education officials will host a community meeting Tuesday to discuss the future of the district and the time line of the conservatorship.
The meeting will be held at 6 p.m at the Aberdeen High School gymnasium.
The state Board of Education on Friday approved hiring of Strebeck as conservator in the district.
Gov. Phil Bryant approved the state takeover. Bryant says violations of accreditation standards, state law and federal law as well as poor academic performance contributed to his decision to agree to the takeover.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Community meeting on Aberdeen schools”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- R.J. Allen ranked as fastest-growing company in Mississippi
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- Senate election ballot approved as McDaniel's challenge continues
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- DAVID DALLAS — Mississippi needs one university
- Judge moves McDaniel's lawsuit challenging loss to Cochran
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- Inspectors find 'hot work' was cause of fatal explosion at fish plant
- Ground broken for new Hattiesburg Clinic facility