Community meeting on Aberdeen schools
Published: April 24,2012
ABERDEEN — Conservator Bob Strebeck and other education officials will host a community meeting Tuesday to discuss the future of the district and the time line of the conservatorship.
The meeting will be held at 6 p.m at the Aberdeen High School gymnasium.
The state Board of Education on Friday approved hiring of Strebeck as conservator in the district.
Gov. Phil Bryant approved the state takeover. Bryant says violations of accreditation standards, state law and federal law as well as poor academic performance contributed to his decision to agree to the takeover.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Community meeting on Aberdeen schools”
Top Posts & Pages
- Dan Jones rejects IHL offer, won't publicly apologize
- BREAKING NEWS: Trustees offer new deal to Ole Miss chancellor Dan Jones
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Law to bolster utilities’ economic development efforts gets mixed reactions
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- DAVID WILLIAMS: Smart traffic signals pave way for better driving in connected world
- Developers withdraw zoning application for former country club
- Lawmakers: Time to raze IHL
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?