Commission approves site for proposed Coast casino
Published: April 25,2012
The Sun Herald reports the city council will vote on the project at its May 1 meeting.
About 50 people who live around the casino site east of Interstate 110 turned out to tell the commission yesterday they are concerned about quality of life in their neighborhood once the casino is built. Among their issues are noise, litter, traffic and the proximity of the parking garage to their homes.
The commission voted unanimously for a height variance for the casino hotel of 246 feet and of 230 feet for a second hotel in the proposed French Village.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- Former Godwin CEO Danny Mitchell dies at 66
- Northrop Grumman lands $354M Air Force contract for Global Hawks
- Delta Council says condition of Highway 6 'of crisis dimensions'
- MDOT: Work on I-269 is on schedule, several phases at halfway point
- More school districts join MAEP lawsuit brought by Musgrove
- Thousands of acres of Delta farmland to go on auction block
- Court tosses challenge to Miss. Silicon’s clean air permit
- Another marker going up on Mississippi Country Music Trail