MDA leading trade mission to South American countries
by MBJ Staff
Published: April 25,2012
JACKSON — The Mississippi Development Authority (MDA) will lead a business development mission to Buenos Aires, Argentina, and Santiago, Chile, August 13-17. The trip is designed to connect Mississippi companies to potential buyers in Argentina and Chile, and businesses that operation in the state that are interested in selling their products and services in these two Latin American markets are encouraged to participate.
“Argentina and Chile are two markets that have grown significantly for U.S. companies in recent years,” said Rose Boxx, MDA’s Latin America trade specialist. “In 2011, U.S. businesses exported more than $13 billion in goods and services to Chile and more than $9 billion to Argentina, and additional trade opportunities exist for U.S. firms interested in expanding into these markets.”
During the mission, participants will meet one-on-one with qualified agents and distributors regarding their products and services. All participating firms can take advantage of administrative support before, during and after the event and will receive scheduled pre-qualified appointments with buyers, distributors, agents and brokers, logistical support including local transportation assistance and a customized itinerary and language interpretation services.
In addition, qualified small businesses are eligible to receive financial incentives, including reimbursements of up to 50 percent of travel costs and translation services at no cost, as a result of the U.S. Small Business Administration-funded Mississippi State Export Promotion (STEP) grant program.
Space is limited and offered on a first-come, first-served basis, and early registration is recommended. The deadline to register is May 18. For more information about the mission, to obtain a registration form, or to learn more about grant assistance through the STEP program, please contact Rose Boxx at 601.359.3045 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Deal for Jackson-Orlando flights in works with Allegiant
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible
- State GOP chairman calls on McDaniel to hurry with challenge
- Explosion at Coast fish plant leaves one dead, three injured
- McCarthy hired as CFO of Mississippi Development Authority
- Former Gov. Musgrove pushing lawsuit to school districts
- Guns OK inside Mississippi polling places, attorney general says
- Former state lawmaker Green dies at home at age 62
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi
- 'Get on Up' movie premiers in Madison with Chadwick Boseman and Tate Taylor walking the red carpet