Committee members get plans for Isle-Biloxi renovations, expansion
by Associated Press
Published: April 26,2012
Tags: casinos, construction, Conventions, economic development, entertainment, expansions, gambling, gaming, hospitality, hotels, lodging, meetings, municipal government, nightlife, Renovations, restaurants, tourism, tourists, visitors
BILOXI — The Biloxi Development Review Committee has received plans from Golden Nugget officials for a $150 million remodel and expansion of the Isle Casino Biloxi.
Attorney Britt Singletary said yesterday the sale of the casino resort in East Biloxi could be completed in July. Singletary says the Isle won’t be rebranded the Golden Nugget until the restorations are complete.
The Sun Herald reports the Isle will be purchased for $45 million and about $150 million will be invested to update every area of the resort.
The Planning Commission will review the site plan before it goes to the city council for a vote.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- MSU researchers develop timber-management software
- New law on taxing methods hailed as big win for businesses
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody