Committee members get plans for Isle-Biloxi renovations, expansion
Published: April 26,2012
Tags: casinos, construction, Conventions, economic development, entertainment, expansions, gambling, gaming, hospitality, hotels, lodging, meetings, municipal government, nightlife, Renovations, restaurants, tourism, tourists, visitors
BILOXI — The Biloxi Development Review Committee has received plans from Golden Nugget officials for a $150 million remodel and expansion of the Isle Casino Biloxi.
Attorney Britt Singletary said yesterday the sale of the casino resort in East Biloxi could be completed in July. Singletary says the Isle won’t be rebranded the Golden Nugget until the restorations are complete.
The Sun Herald reports the Isle will be purchased for $45 million and about $150 million will be invested to update every area of the resort.
The Planning Commission will review the site plan before it goes to the city council for a vote.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Andrew Adams helps grow Addicus
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Grand juries charge seven with election violations
- Dak Prescott's autograph fetches a pretty penny
- Butler Snow names Crockoft new office director
- Farm theft investigation recovers $200K in stolen equipment
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image
- C Spire wins national award, cash prize for marketing analytics