Committee members get plans for Isle-Biloxi renovations, expansion
by Associated Press
Published: April 26,2012
Tags: casinos, construction, Conventions, economic development, entertainment, expansions, gambling, gaming, hospitality, hotels, lodging, meetings, municipal government, nightlife, Renovations, restaurants, tourism, tourists, visitors
BILOXI — The Biloxi Development Review Committee has received plans from Golden Nugget officials for a $150 million remodel and expansion of the Isle Casino Biloxi.
Attorney Britt Singletary said yesterday the sale of the casino resort in East Biloxi could be completed in July. Singletary says the Isle won’t be rebranded the Golden Nugget until the restorations are complete.
The Sun Herald reports the Isle will be purchased for $45 million and about $150 million will be invested to update every area of the resort.
The Planning Commission will review the site plan before it goes to the city council for a vote.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Justice Department files complaint against tax preparer
- DMR pays accounting firm more than double contract's worth
- Following ruling, Entergy to hand over records to county
- Report: State's emergency care ranks highest in Southeast
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Union-restricting legislation moves forward
- George’s Girls put shopping skills to work
- Boyd Gaming reports drop in in-state net revenue