Committee members get plans for Isle-Biloxi renovations, expansion
Published: April 26,2012
Tags: casinos, construction, Conventions, economic development, entertainment, expansions, gambling, gaming, hospitality, hotels, lodging, meetings, municipal government, nightlife, Renovations, restaurants, tourism, tourists, visitors
BILOXI — The Biloxi Development Review Committee has received plans from Golden Nugget officials for a $150 million remodel and expansion of the Isle Casino Biloxi.
Attorney Britt Singletary said yesterday the sale of the casino resort in East Biloxi could be completed in July. Singletary says the Isle won’t be rebranded the Golden Nugget until the restorations are complete.
The Sun Herald reports the Isle will be purchased for $45 million and about $150 million will be invested to update every area of the resort.
The Planning Commission will review the site plan before it goes to the city council for a vote.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- Turner Grain’s transition will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- MDOT cutting more than 40 jobs in Right-of-Way Division
- Granddaughter of Barq's Root Beer founder dies at 90
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- Board authorizes sale of company that owns Silver Slipper Casino
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field