Committee members get plans for Isle-Biloxi renovations, expansion
Published: April 26,2012
Tags: casinos, construction, Conventions, economic development, entertainment, expansions, gambling, gaming, hospitality, hotels, lodging, meetings, municipal government, nightlife, Renovations, restaurants, tourism, tourists, visitors
BILOXI — The Biloxi Development Review Committee has received plans from Golden Nugget officials for a $150 million remodel and expansion of the Isle Casino Biloxi.
Attorney Britt Singletary said yesterday the sale of the casino resort in East Biloxi could be completed in July. Singletary says the Isle won’t be rebranded the Golden Nugget until the restorations are complete.
The Sun Herald reports the Isle will be purchased for $45 million and about $150 million will be invested to update every area of the resort.
The Planning Commission will review the site plan before it goes to the city council for a vote.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- MBJ Special report: MDA numbers help with cities’ retail pitches
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- COO of TL Wallace Construction keeps eye on revenue growth and profits
- RAISING AWARENESS — Lori Newcomb, family join fight against ovarian cancer
- Isle of Capri reports decreased in-state revenues; experiencing 'market pressures'
- DREAMS AND OYSTERS — Houstons set for August opening of Saltine in Fondren