Entergy losses $151.7M in first quarter due to Vermont plant
by Associated Press
Published: April 26,2012
NEW ORLEANS — Power provider Entergy Corp. posted a first-quarter loss after taking an accounting loss on its Vermont Yankee nuclear plant and expenses from the pending spinoff of its electric transmission business.
For the January-through-March period, New Orleans-based Entergy said it lost $151.7 million, or 86 cents per share, on revenue of $2.38 billion. In the year-ago first quarter, the company earned $248.7 million, or $1.39 per share, on revenue of $2.54 billion.
Without the special items, Entergy said it would have earned 44 cents per share. Analysts surveyed by FactSet had forecast per-share earnings of $1.13 per share on revenue of $2.46 billion.
Entergy blamed the revenue reduction partially on a milder-than-normal winter that followed a colder-than-normal winter in the previous first quarter.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Click Boutique revives Hattiesburg downtown retail district
- KEEPING OUR EYE ON: Elizabeth Harris
- TROTTER: Social security claiming strategies
- Small business owners take picture perfect advantages with Instagram
- District at Eastover construction to start later this year
- Nullification and interposition
- Froyo y’all: Couple brings 'delicious' dessert to Delta
- Brown would make history if confirmed as judge