Valley president Oliver could be going to West Virgina State
Published: April 26,2012
ITTA BENA — Dr. Donna Oliver, president of Mississippi Valley State University, is a finalist for the presidency of West Virginia State University.
The Greenwood Commonwealth reports Oliver spoke this week to faculty and others at the school in Charleston, W.Va.
Oliver’s $192,937-per-year contract MVSU expires Dec. 31. West Virginia’s current president makes $167,444.
The other two candidates for the West Virginia State job are Alicia Jackson of Susquehanna University in Pennsylvania and Brian Hemphill of Northern Illinois University.
Oliver took over as president at Mississippi Valley in January 2009.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Retired judge to hear McDaniel's challenge of primary loss to Cochran
- PSC's Brandon Presley calls in-state nuclear waste dump a 'harebrained scheme'
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- State's jobless rate remains highest in U.S.
- Former DMR manager pleads guilty to embezzlement
- GOLF ranks state's courses; Fallen Oaks, Dancing Rabbit make top 100
- Court ruling on Section 42 leaves taxpayers on hook for tax repayments
- Wisconsin man pleads guilty to illegal wildlife trapping
- Jackson air fares among most expensive in the nation