Valley president Oliver could be going to West Virgina State
by Associated Press
Published: April 26,2012
ITTA BENA — Dr. Donna Oliver, president of Mississippi Valley State University, is a finalist for the presidency of West Virginia State University.
The Greenwood Commonwealth reports Oliver spoke this week to faculty and others at the school in Charleston, W.Va.
Oliver’s $192,937-per-year contract MVSU expires Dec. 31. West Virginia’s current president makes $167,444.
The other two candidates for the West Virginia State job are Alicia Jackson of Susquehanna University in Pennsylvania and Brian Hemphill of Northern Illinois University.
Oliver took over as president at Mississippi Valley in January 2009.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- New law on taxing methods hailed as big win for businesses
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- MSU researchers develop timber-management software
- Counties ‘hoping to get it right’ as they await Tuscaloosa Marine shale boom
- News The Way You Want It!