Valley president Oliver could be going to West Virgina State
Published: April 26,2012
ITTA BENA — Dr. Donna Oliver, president of Mississippi Valley State University, is a finalist for the presidency of West Virginia State University.
The Greenwood Commonwealth reports Oliver spoke this week to faculty and others at the school in Charleston, W.Va.
Oliver’s $192,937-per-year contract MVSU expires Dec. 31. West Virginia’s current president makes $167,444.
The other two candidates for the West Virginia State job are Alicia Jackson of Susquehanna University in Pennsylvania and Brian Hemphill of Northern Illinois University.
Oliver took over as president at Mississippi Valley in January 2009.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- Half century of memories — Christmas on Deer Creek to celebrate 50th anniversary
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Former MDEQ Executive Director Trudy Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Federal appeals court: State's abortion law is unconstitutional
- Can Metrocenter rise from the ashes? Again
- Gulf oil rig explosion kills one worker, injures three
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years