Valley president Oliver could be going to West Virgina State
Published: April 26,2012
ITTA BENA — Dr. Donna Oliver, president of Mississippi Valley State University, is a finalist for the presidency of West Virginia State University.
The Greenwood Commonwealth reports Oliver spoke this week to faculty and others at the school in Charleston, W.Va.
Oliver’s $192,937-per-year contract MVSU expires Dec. 31. West Virginia’s current president makes $167,444.
The other two candidates for the West Virginia State job are Alicia Jackson of Susquehanna University in Pennsylvania and Brian Hemphill of Northern Illinois University.
Oliver took over as president at Mississippi Valley in January 2009.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- ANITA MODAK-TRURAN — Mississippi’s motion picture renaissance
- Entergy gives solar a shot
- Challenging times ahead for Pearl’s manufactured home residents, apartment complex owners
- Critics say Pearl out to eliminate mobile homes and apartments – not safeguard them
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- State Sen. McDaniel traveling Mississippi to promote PAC
- Despite obstacles, craft beer industry growing
- (VIDEO) DON GLIDEWELL — The threat of cyber crime to businesses is real