Valley president Oliver could be going to West Virgina State
Published: April 26,2012
ITTA BENA — Dr. Donna Oliver, president of Mississippi Valley State University, is a finalist for the presidency of West Virginia State University.
The Greenwood Commonwealth reports Oliver spoke this week to faculty and others at the school in Charleston, W.Va.
Oliver’s $192,937-per-year contract MVSU expires Dec. 31. West Virginia’s current president makes $167,444.
The other two candidates for the West Virginia State job are Alicia Jackson of Susquehanna University in Pennsylvania and Brian Hemphill of Northern Illinois University.
Oliver took over as president at Mississippi Valley in January 2009.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mad Genius, Eyevox owner acquires Mississippi Film Studios
- Payday lender, fired executive exchanging blame for lender’s regulatory woes
- McDaniel files legal arguments as he looks to overturn Cochran loss
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- Fitch gives Mississippi Power a negative outlook due to Kemper plant
- UPDATED: Jackson agrees to repay HUD $1.5 million for Farish Street blunders
- Mississippi River mayors announce 'seed money' for waterfront developments
- Payday lender expects clean bill from regulators