St. Dominic’s new behavioral health facility now open
by MBJ Staff
Published: April 30,2012
JACKSON — The first phase of St. Dominic’s new Behavioral Health Services building housing the acute care psychiatric hospital is now complete and open for patients.
Instead of renovating the existing Behavioral Health Services building, which was in need of substantial repairs, St. Dominic’s partially razed the building and reconstructed it in the same location.
While part of the facility will remain under construction, the side of the facility where patients are treated will be operational. The entire project has an expected completion date in 2013.
When fully completed, the 77-bed, two-story, state-of-the-art facility will contain 56,500 square feet on the first level and 21,500 square feet on the second level.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Molpus closes Fund after more than $662M in commitments
- MSU reminding fans that drones are prohibited at football games
- Politics of paying for transportation: Hand wringing and a lot of talk
- DeSoto County Supervisor Lee dies in ATV accident on his birthday
- Realtors chooses Nita Wingard
- Researchers: Trapping, not hunting, best way to control wild hogs
- Former DPS employees sentenced for selling bogus driver's licenses
- Entergy agrees to cut $35M from its new rate plan
- No debate, but Cochran and Childers lobby for votes for Senate