St. Dominic’s new behavioral health facility now open
by MBJ Staff
Published: April 30,2012
JACKSON — The first phase of St. Dominic’s new Behavioral Health Services building housing the acute care psychiatric hospital is now complete and open for patients.
Instead of renovating the existing Behavioral Health Services building, which was in need of substantial repairs, St. Dominic’s partially razed the building and reconstructed it in the same location.
While part of the facility will remain under construction, the side of the facility where patients are treated will be operational. The entire project has an expected completion date in 2013.
When fully completed, the 77-bed, two-story, state-of-the-art facility will contain 56,500 square feet on the first level and 21,500 square feet on the second level.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- Thousands of acres of Delta farmland to go on auction block
- Former Godwin CEO Danny Mitchell dies at 66
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- Board files suit against VA over release of patients' names
- Gov. Bryant sets special election date for Senate District 17
- Northrop Grumman lands $354M Air Force contract for Global Hawks
- Mississippi sounds coming to Americana Music Festival & Conference
- City trying to determine who has authority to spend gaming money