St. Dominic’s new behavioral health facility now open
by MBJ Staff
Published: April 30,2012
JACKSON — The first phase of St. Dominic’s new Behavioral Health Services building housing the acute care psychiatric hospital is now complete and open for patients.
Instead of renovating the existing Behavioral Health Services building, which was in need of substantial repairs, St. Dominic’s partially razed the building and reconstructed it in the same location.
While part of the facility will remain under construction, the side of the facility where patients are treated will be operational. The entire project has an expected completion date in 2013.
When fully completed, the 77-bed, two-story, state-of-the-art facility will contain 56,500 square feet on the first level and 21,500 square feet on the second level.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Spivey named Under 40 Business Person of the Year by the Mississippi Business Journal
- Bids on reworking Interstate 55 stretch are rejected
- JACK WEATHERLY: Finding a house, defending a neighborhood, finding a voice
- Terminal upgrade on indefinite hold at Jackson International Airport
- JACK WEATHERLY: Economic development in these parts is a ‘family’ business
- Report ranks state schools' performance 51st in the nation
- CFPB wants repay ability at center of new payday loan rules
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- Hosemann to launch crowd funding program