Viking Range opening clinic for workers, dependents
by MBJ Staff
Published: April 30,2012
GREENWOOD — Viking Range Corporation has unveiled plans for the Viking Health and Wellness Center, which will provide health and wellness services for Viking employees and their covered dependents on the Viking health plan.
The health clinic will be in downtown Greenwood in a building owned by Viking and will be managed by Mississippi-based Medical Analysis, LLC, provider of health and wellness services throughout Mississippi and the Southeast.
“The most valuable asset Viking has is its people. They are important to us and their health is important to us,” said Viking president and CEO Fred Carl. “I am therefore pleased to announce this exciting new benefit for Viking employees.”
In addition to acute, urgent, and primary care, a major focus of the Viking clinic will be to create and nurture a culture of wellness within the Viking workforce. Health risk assessment and counseling, diabetes coaching, smoking cessation programs and healthy weight loss support will be among the wellness programs offered.
The clinic will be staffed with a nurse practitioner and other clinical personnel. The clinic staff will work with the employee being treated, as well as their long-term physician, in order to manage and treat chronic conditions when applicable.
The expected opening of the clinic is June 1.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- MBJ Special report: MDA numbers help with cities’ retail pitches
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- Woman found guilty of murder in buttocks injection case
- COO of TL Wallace Construction keeps eye on revenue growth and profits
- RAISING AWARENESS — Lori Newcomb, family join fight against ovarian cancer