Viking Range opening clinic for workers, dependents
by MBJ Staff
Published: April 30,2012
GREENWOOD — Viking Range Corporation has unveiled plans for the Viking Health and Wellness Center, which will provide health and wellness services for Viking employees and their covered dependents on the Viking health plan.
The health clinic will be in downtown Greenwood in a building owned by Viking and will be managed by Mississippi-based Medical Analysis, LLC, provider of health and wellness services throughout Mississippi and the Southeast.
“The most valuable asset Viking has is its people. They are important to us and their health is important to us,” said Viking president and CEO Fred Carl. “I am therefore pleased to announce this exciting new benefit for Viking employees.”
In addition to acute, urgent, and primary care, a major focus of the Viking clinic will be to create and nurture a culture of wellness within the Viking workforce. Health risk assessment and counseling, diabetes coaching, smoking cessation programs and healthy weight loss support will be among the wellness programs offered.
The clinic will be staffed with a nurse practitioner and other clinical personnel. The clinic staff will work with the employee being treated, as well as their long-term physician, in order to manage and treat chronic conditions when applicable.
The expected opening of the clinic is June 1.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Lawmakers debating alternative to Medicaid expansion
- UPDATED: House subcommittee tosses discrimination elements from religious freedom bill
- Senate passes teacher pay raise legislation
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Pickering collects more money from failed beef plant project
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- Reactive Surfaces files lawsuit against Toyota in patent dispute
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi