A.M. Best upgrades outlook on Gulf Guaranty Life
by MBJ Staff
Published: May 4,2012
JACKSON — A.M. Best Co. has revised the outlook to “positive” from “stable” and affirmed the financial strength rating of “B- (Fair)” and issuer credit rating of “bb-” of Gulf Guaranty Life Insurance Company.
A.M. Best wrote: “The ratings reflect the company’s more than adequate level of risk-adjusted capitalization, improved net income reported in 2011 and consistent capital growth. The positive outlook reflects Gulf Guaranty Life’s recent operating profitability and the opportunity for business expansion through its additional industrial life sales activities in the funeral home market.
“Offsetting these factors are the overall modest and erratic levels of net income caused by investment losses, and flat credit insurance sales in the recent periods due to the slow lending market environment.
“Factors that could lead to positive rating movement include a continuation of positive net income trends while maintaining satisfactory levels of risk-adjusted capital. Potential for a future negative rating action could be possible should Gulf Guaranty Life experience weakened operating results or capitalization deteriorates materially from current levels.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- Woman found guilty of murder in buttocks injection case
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- Mississippi judge dismisses lawsuit seeking to overturn Sen. Cochran's GOP primary win
- Healthcare Marketplace to look much the same in 2015