Gin Creek Publishing to revive Laurel Leader-Call
by MBJ Staff
Published: May 4,2012
LAUREL — The ReView of Jones County, owned by Gin Creek Publishing, has reached an agreement to purchase the Laurel Leader-Call name, masthead and subscription list. The terms of the transaction are confidential.
The Leader-Call is now publishing on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday.
“I’m delighted on behalf of the residents of this great county to begin publishing The Leader-Call,” owner Jim Cegielski said. “Generations of our citizens have grown up with this newspaper and it is a real thrill to be able to bring it back to life. This is an exciting announcement for the community and the newspaper staff.”
This means the end of The ReView of Jones County, a weekly paper Cegielski helped start from scratch in May 2007. The paper won 112 Mississippi Press Awards — including the top prizes in the editorial and advertising divisions — in just four years of eligibility.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- (UPDATED) Making Jackson-Evers affordable to Allegiant is key to regaining Orlando service
- Congressional delegation applauds Air Force's decision on Keesler, but not satisfied
- Deal for Jackson-Orlando flights in works with Allegiant
- County rescinds gun ban; sheriff says lawmakers may 'deal with the consequences'
- Businessman involved in Frankel insurance scam dies at 81
- Report: Mississippi sees biggest hike in home insurance premiums in U.S.
- Giles Ward will not seek reelection to Senate
- Great River Industries moving headquarters to Natchez
- Commission to decide if emergency should be declared in Delta school system
- Leadership in Law nomination form