Gin Creek Publishing to revive Laurel Leader-Call
by MBJ Staff
Published: May 4,2012
LAUREL — The ReView of Jones County, owned by Gin Creek Publishing, has reached an agreement to purchase the Laurel Leader-Call name, masthead and subscription list. The terms of the transaction are confidential.
The Leader-Call is now publishing on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday.
“I’m delighted on behalf of the residents of this great county to begin publishing The Leader-Call,” owner Jim Cegielski said. “Generations of our citizens have grown up with this newspaper and it is a real thrill to be able to bring it back to life. This is an exciting announcement for the community and the newspaper staff.”
This means the end of The ReView of Jones County, a weekly paper Cegielski helped start from scratch in May 2007. The paper won 112 Mississippi Press Awards — including the top prizes in the editorial and advertising divisions — in just four years of eligibility.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- Dan Jones rejects IHL offer, won't publicly apologize
- Delta Health Alliance CEO Karen Fox under investigation for possible misuse of funds
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- BREAKING NEWS: Trustees offer new deal to Ole Miss chancellor Dan Jones
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- JOSH MABUS: Bill Murray and business misfits