Gin Creek Publishing to revive Laurel Leader-Call
by MBJ Staff
Published: May 4,2012
LAUREL — The ReView of Jones County, owned by Gin Creek Publishing, has reached an agreement to purchase the Laurel Leader-Call name, masthead and subscription list. The terms of the transaction are confidential.
The Leader-Call is now publishing on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday.
“I’m delighted on behalf of the residents of this great county to begin publishing The Leader-Call,” owner Jim Cegielski said. “Generations of our citizens have grown up with this newspaper and it is a real thrill to be able to bring it back to life. This is an exciting announcement for the community and the newspaper staff.”
This means the end of The ReView of Jones County, a weekly paper Cegielski helped start from scratch in May 2007. The paper won 112 Mississippi Press Awards — including the top prizes in the editorial and advertising divisions — in just four years of eligibility.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Bids on reworking Interstate 55 stretch are rejected
- Spivey named Under 40 Business Person of the Year by the Mississippi Business Journal
- JACK WEATHERLY: Economic development in these parts is a ‘family’ business
- Hosemann to launch crowd funding program
- CFPB wants repay ability at center of new payday loan rules
- ALAN TURNER: Education in Mississippi – good and bad news
- Terminal upgrade on indefinite hold at Jackson International Airport
- JOSH MABUS: The Tao of Road House
- Answering the Bell: Interim Ole Miss law school dean well-regarded for directing hands-on clinical training