Gin Creek Publishing to revive Laurel Leader-Call
by MBJ Staff
Published: May 4,2012
LAUREL — The ReView of Jones County, owned by Gin Creek Publishing, has reached an agreement to purchase the Laurel Leader-Call name, masthead and subscription list. The terms of the transaction are confidential.
The Leader-Call is now publishing on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday.
“I’m delighted on behalf of the residents of this great county to begin publishing The Leader-Call,” owner Jim Cegielski said. “Generations of our citizens have grown up with this newspaper and it is a real thrill to be able to bring it back to life. This is an exciting announcement for the community and the newspaper staff.”
This means the end of The ReView of Jones County, a weekly paper Cegielski helped start from scratch in May 2007. The paper won 112 Mississippi Press Awards — including the top prizes in the editorial and advertising divisions — in just four years of eligibility.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- More than a dozen school districts sue state over funding
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- Woman found guilty of murder in buttocks injection case
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- McDaniel delays decision on whether to appeal dismissal of lawsuit
- Bryant issues executive order to establish Delta water task force