Gin Creek Publishing to revive Laurel Leader-Call
by MBJ Staff
Published: May 4,2012
LAUREL — The ReView of Jones County, owned by Gin Creek Publishing, has reached an agreement to purchase the Laurel Leader-Call name, masthead and subscription list. The terms of the transaction are confidential.
The Leader-Call is now publishing on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday.
“I’m delighted on behalf of the residents of this great county to begin publishing The Leader-Call,” owner Jim Cegielski said. “Generations of our citizens have grown up with this newspaper and it is a real thrill to be able to bring it back to life. This is an exciting announcement for the community and the newspaper staff.”
This means the end of The ReView of Jones County, a weekly paper Cegielski helped start from scratch in May 2007. The paper won 112 Mississippi Press Awards — including the top prizes in the editorial and advertising divisions — in just four years of eligibility.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mad Genius, Eyevox owner acquires Mississippi Film Studios
- UPDATE — David Watkins says JRA left him in dark about HUD's Farish St. involvement
- Grain buyer’s bankruptcy could take steep toll on Delta farmers
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- Payday lender, fired executive exchanging blame for lender’s regulatory woes
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Report: Mississippi has worst child poverty rate in U.S.
- UPDATED: Jackson agrees to repay HUD $1.5 million for Farish Street blunders
- Fitch gives Mississippi Power a negative outlook due to Kemper plant