Supervisors dissolve board in anticipation of new commission
Published: May 8,2012
NATCHEZ — The Adams County Board of Supervisors has voted to dissolve the Adams County Recreation Board in anticipation of the coming Natchez-Adams County Recreation Commission.
Supervisors vice president Mike Lazarus tells The Natchez Democrat yesterday the five-member board, which is tasked with the maintenance, improvement of and handling of donations for county parks, had two vacancies.
Until the nine-member Natchez-Adams County Recreation Commission officially takes over countywide recreation, Lazarus says the supervisors will maintain the county parks.
The Natchez-Adams County Recreation Commission is a nine-member board composed of three appointees each from the three entities involved in the proposal to build a county recreation complex. The Natchez-Adams County School District, the City of Natchez and Adams County appoint members.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Mississippi judge dismisses lawsuit seeking to overturn Sen. Cochran's GOP primary win
- George Flaggs regrets repayment flaw in lending law
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- Chefs John Folse and Rick Tramonto are dotting every ‘i’ and crossing every ‘t’ in the development of Seafood R’evolution, which is set to open in November
- Bryant issues executive order to establish Delta water task force
- PEDIGREE dog food recalled; might contain metal fragments