Supervisors dissolve board in anticipation of new commission
Published: May 8,2012
NATCHEZ — The Adams County Board of Supervisors has voted to dissolve the Adams County Recreation Board in anticipation of the coming Natchez-Adams County Recreation Commission.
Supervisors vice president Mike Lazarus tells The Natchez Democrat yesterday the five-member board, which is tasked with the maintenance, improvement of and handling of donations for county parks, had two vacancies.
Until the nine-member Natchez-Adams County Recreation Commission officially takes over countywide recreation, Lazarus says the supervisors will maintain the county parks.
The Natchez-Adams County Recreation Commission is a nine-member board composed of three appointees each from the three entities involved in the proposal to build a county recreation complex. The Natchez-Adams County School District, the City of Natchez and Adams County appoint members.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Andrew Adams helps grow Addicus
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image
- C Spire wins national award, cash prize for marketing analytics
- Grand juries charge seven with election violations
- Dak Prescott's autograph fetches a pretty penny
- Butler Snow names Crockoft new office director
- Farm theft investigation recovers $200K in stolen equipment