Supervisors dissolve board in anticipation of new commission
Published: May 8,2012
NATCHEZ — The Adams County Board of Supervisors has voted to dissolve the Adams County Recreation Board in anticipation of the coming Natchez-Adams County Recreation Commission.
Supervisors vice president Mike Lazarus tells The Natchez Democrat yesterday the five-member board, which is tasked with the maintenance, improvement of and handling of donations for county parks, had two vacancies.
Until the nine-member Natchez-Adams County Recreation Commission officially takes over countywide recreation, Lazarus says the supervisors will maintain the county parks.
The Natchez-Adams County Recreation Commission is a nine-member board composed of three appointees each from the three entities involved in the proposal to build a county recreation complex. The Natchez-Adams County School District, the City of Natchez and Adams County appoint members.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi
- Guns OK inside Mississippi polling places, attorney general says
- Deal for Jackson-Orlando flights in works with Allegiant
- State GOP chairman calls on McDaniel to hurry with challenge
- Supreme Court deals blow to McDaniel's election challenge
- McCarthy hired as CFO of Mississippi Development Authority
- 'Get on Up' movie premiers in Madison with Chadwick Boseman and Tate Taylor walking the red carpet
- Explosion at Coast fish plant leaves one dead, three injured
- Former Gov. Musgrove pushing lawsuit to school districts