Waffle House aims to limit evidence in lawsuit about beatings at Hattiesburg site
Published: May 9,2012
HATTIESBURG — Attorneys for a south Mississippi Waffle House want to limit evidence about criminal activity at the restaurant in a $41 million lawsuit brought by a customer who says he was attacked there in 2010.
Charles Eric Hunt claims he was beaten twice at the Waffle House at 3109 U.S. Highway 49 in Hattiesburg and his jaw was broken on both sides in December 2010.
The lawsuit alleges that employees and a security guard didn’t stop the attack. Hunt claims there was a pattern of criminal activity at the restaurant and it didn’t protect its customers.
An attorney for Mid South Waffles Inc. filed a motion last week asking to limit evidence of crimes, police reports and lawsuits related to the location. The lawyer didn’t respond to a request for comment.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi
- Guns OK inside Mississippi polling places, attorney general says
- Deal for Jackson-Orlando flights in works with Allegiant
- State GOP chairman calls on McDaniel to hurry with challenge
- Supreme Court deals blow to McDaniel's election challenge
- McCarthy hired as CFO of Mississippi Development Authority
- 'Get on Up' movie premiers in Madison with Chadwick Boseman and Tate Taylor walking the red carpet
- Explosion at Coast fish plant leaves one dead, three injured
- Former Gov. Musgrove pushing lawsuit to school districts