Big plans proposed for Harbor Town Casino
Published: May 10,2012
Last month the Gaming Commission tabled plans for the casino, saying as presented it would be the smallest casino in South Mississippi.
The proposal could be brought up again when the Gaming Commission meets Thursday in Jackson.
The new version provided to the newspaper increases the initial investment from $77 million to $83 million. It enlarges the casino floor to 31,343 square feet with 200 more slot machines and a total of 26 table games. John Paulsen, CEO of Rotate Black, says that would make the casino floor larger than Treasure Bay, Margaritaville and Grand Casino Biloxi.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- Woman found guilty of murder in buttocks injection case
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Mississippi judge dismisses lawsuit seeking to overturn Sen. Cochran's GOP primary win
- Healthcare Marketplace to look much the same in 2015