Big plans proposed for Harbor Town Casino
Published: May 10,2012
Last month the Gaming Commission tabled plans for the casino, saying as presented it would be the smallest casino in South Mississippi.
The proposal could be brought up again when the Gaming Commission meets Thursday in Jackson.
The new version provided to the newspaper increases the initial investment from $77 million to $83 million. It enlarges the casino floor to 31,343 square feet with 200 more slot machines and a total of 26 table games. John Paulsen, CEO of Rotate Black, says that would make the casino floor larger than Treasure Bay, Margaritaville and Grand Casino Biloxi.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS — Roger Wicker: Profile in discouragement
- Tommy Robertson indicted on five counts of embezzlement
- BILL CRAWFORD — More jobs, but fewer with jobs, huh?
- ANITA MODAK-TRURAN — Mississippi’s motion picture renaissance
- Despite obstacles, craft beer industry growing
- State's ventures into alt-fuel markets net few jobs
- Watch out for wildlife while driving on roads, highways
- Finding your flexible space — Regus banks on high demand for customizable work spaces
- Miss. children's hospital plans $150 million expansion