Natchez aldermen to spend $50K on street repairs
NATCHEZ — Alderman Bob Pollard’s call to upgrade a street in his district caused a flood of similar requests and ended with the board dedicating up to $50,000 to repair streets in five wards.
The Natchez Democrat (http://bit.ly/JghA8e ) says Pollard has gotten a number of complaints about Woodville Drive, which he described as “almost like a gravel road.” Pollard says the county started an overlay project near there but ran out of money before getting to that street.
Alderman Joyce Arceneaux-Mathis then asked to include Vine Street; Alderman Tony Fields added on Orange Avenue; Alderman Rickey Gray added West Stiers Lane and Alderman Dan Dillard included part of Roselawn Avenue that constantly floods.
Dillard also suggested that the new board, which will be seated in July, devise a long-term street maintenance plan.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job