Skylar Laine returns home after ‘American Idol’ run
Published: May 10,2012
A crowd of family, friends and hometown fans greeted her Wednesday at the Medgar Wiley Evers International Airport in Jackson.
Laine made it to the show’s Top 5 before being voted out last week. She says it’s great to be home, and she’s looking forward to driving and to sleeping in her own bed.
Laine is scheduled to sing the national anthem and throw the first pitch at the Mississippi Braves game today at Trustmark Park in Pearl. She has two performances Saturday evening — 7 p.m. at Flowood Family Festival, and 8 p.m. at Brandon Day.
She returns to Hollywood on Sunday to rehearse for the May 23 finale and the Idol Top 10 tour.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Congressional delegation applauds Air Force's decision on Keesler, but not satisfied
- Deal for Jackson-Orlando flights in works with Allegiant
- (UPDATED) Making Jackson-Evers affordable to Allegiant is key to regaining Orlando service
- County rescinds gun ban; sheriff says lawmakers may 'deal with the consequences'
- Great River Industries moving headquarters to Natchez
- Report: Mississippi sees biggest hike in home insurance premiums in U.S.
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible
- The Blues and higher education — Delta State launches the International Delta Blues Project
- Giles Ward will not seek reelection to Senate
- Singing River shutting doors on two Coast clinics