Skylar Laine returns home after ‘American Idol’ run
Published: May 10,2012
A crowd of family, friends and hometown fans greeted her Wednesday at the Medgar Wiley Evers International Airport in Jackson.
Laine made it to the show’s Top 5 before being voted out last week. She says it’s great to be home, and she’s looking forward to driving and to sleeping in her own bed.
Laine is scheduled to sing the national anthem and throw the first pitch at the Mississippi Braves game today at Trustmark Park in Pearl. She has two performances Saturday evening — 7 p.m. at Flowood Family Festival, and 8 p.m. at Brandon Day.
She returns to Hollywood on Sunday to rehearse for the May 23 finale and the Idol Top 10 tour.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- Williams Brothers General Store is something to count on
- Firm adds Brian T. Alexander
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast