Skylar Laine returns home after ‘American Idol’ run
Published: May 10,2012
A crowd of family, friends and hometown fans greeted her Wednesday at the Medgar Wiley Evers International Airport in Jackson.
Laine made it to the show’s Top 5 before being voted out last week. She says it’s great to be home, and she’s looking forward to driving and to sleeping in her own bed.
Laine is scheduled to sing the national anthem and throw the first pitch at the Mississippi Braves game today at Trustmark Park in Pearl. She has two performances Saturday evening — 7 p.m. at Flowood Family Festival, and 8 p.m. at Brandon Day.
She returns to Hollywood on Sunday to rehearse for the May 23 finale and the Idol Top 10 tour.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Barbour to lead Butler Snow economic development firm
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- Kemper plant employee gag order continued
- Delta State conference brings renowned speakers
- (UPDATE) Judge rules on Google request on attorney general inquiry
- The leadership styles of President Obama
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- Analysis: Lawmakers squabble over election-year tax cuts