Skylar Laine returns home after ‘American Idol’ run
Published: May 10,2012
A crowd of family, friends and hometown fans greeted her Wednesday at the Medgar Wiley Evers International Airport in Jackson.
Laine made it to the show’s Top 5 before being voted out last week. She says it’s great to be home, and she’s looking forward to driving and to sleeping in her own bed.
Laine is scheduled to sing the national anthem and throw the first pitch at the Mississippi Braves game today at Trustmark Park in Pearl. She has two performances Saturday evening — 7 p.m. at Flowood Family Festival, and 8 p.m. at Brandon Day.
She returns to Hollywood on Sunday to rehearse for the May 23 finale and the Idol Top 10 tour.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- A BIG CHANGE: New mortgage rules seen bringing increase in pricey mobile home loans
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Warden who lives hundreds of miles from jail resigns
- Jail kitchen supervisor pleads guilty to stealing food
- DAVID DALLAS: Savor this Thanksgiving and be grateful
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Hunting-weapons legislation passes House
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals