Skylar Laine returns home after ‘American Idol’ run
by Associated Press
Published: May 10,2012
A crowd of family, friends and hometown fans greeted her Wednesday at the Medgar Wiley Evers International Airport in Jackson.
Laine made it to the show’s Top 5 before being voted out last week. She says it’s great to be home, and she’s looking forward to driving and to sleeping in her own bed.
Laine is scheduled to sing the national anthem and throw the first pitch at the Mississippi Braves game today at Trustmark Park in Pearl. She has two performances Saturday evening — 7 p.m. at Flowood Family Festival, and 8 p.m. at Brandon Day.
She returns to Hollywood on Sunday to rehearse for the May 23 finale and the Idol Top 10 tour.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Mississippi Power CEO's departure due to withholding Kemper information from regulators
- Hosemann revels in victory over Court's redistricting ruling
- LNG facility hoping to begin exporting natural gas
- Tenn. company makes unspecified offer to lease hospital
- Airport's food irradiation business could create new jobs
- Nullification and interposition
- In wake of bond issue failure, golf course fights to stay playable
- Ag officials say late planting reaching historical proportions