Entergy warns utility customers of billing scam
by Associated Press
Published: May 11,2012
The company says more than 2,000 customers, mainly in Louisiana but also in Texas, have been affected. No instances have been reported in Mississippi and Arkansas, but Entergy is alerting customers there.
Customers are asked to provide personal information that could be used against them, officials of New Orleans-based Entergy said. They also warn that payments made using bogus instructions won’t process correctly.
Entergy said it’s identifying affected customers by looking at electronic payments that didn’t go through. Entergy spokeswoman Mara Hartman said the company is working to correct accounts and remove bad payment fees. She said no scammed customers will be disconnected.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Click Boutique revives Hattiesburg downtown retail district
- KEEPING OUR EYE ON: Elizabeth Harris
- TROTTER: Social security claiming strategies
- Small business owners take picture perfect advantages with Instagram
- District at Eastover construction to start later this year
- Nullification and interposition
- Froyo y’all: Couple brings 'delicious' dessert to Delta
- Brown would make history if confirmed as judge