Entergy warns utility customers of billing scam
Published: May 11,2012
The company says more than 2,000 customers, mainly in Louisiana but also in Texas, have been affected. No instances have been reported in Mississippi and Arkansas, but Entergy is alerting customers there.
Customers are asked to provide personal information that could be used against them, officials of New Orleans-based Entergy said. They also warn that payments made using bogus instructions won’t process correctly.
Entergy said it’s identifying affected customers by looking at electronic payments that didn’t go through. Entergy spokeswoman Mara Hartman said the company is working to correct accounts and remove bad payment fees. She said no scammed customers will be disconnected.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Warden who lives hundreds of miles from jail resigns
- BankPlus recognized for alternative program to payday lending
- Jail kitchen supervisor pleads guilty to stealing food
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Prison-contract task force working in wake of Epps' indictment
- Stricklin: Deer parasites don't affect quality of venison
- Top 10 finalists chosen for C Spire Conerly Trophy
- Bryant wants free tuition for students with technical diploma