Entergy warns utility customers of billing scam
Published: May 11,2012
The company says more than 2,000 customers, mainly in Louisiana but also in Texas, have been affected. No instances have been reported in Mississippi and Arkansas, but Entergy is alerting customers there.
Customers are asked to provide personal information that could be used against them, officials of New Orleans-based Entergy said. They also warn that payments made using bogus instructions won’t process correctly.
Entergy said it’s identifying affected customers by looking at electronic payments that didn’t go through. Entergy spokeswoman Mara Hartman said the company is working to correct accounts and remove bad payment fees. She said no scammed customers will be disconnected.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Andrew Adams helps grow Addicus
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Grand juries charge seven with election violations
- Dak Prescott's autograph fetches a pretty penny
- Butler Snow names Crockoft new office director
- Farm theft investigation recovers $200K in stolen equipment
- C Spire wins national award, cash prize for marketing analytics
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image