Entergy warns utility customers of billing scam
Published: May 11,2012
The company says more than 2,000 customers, mainly in Louisiana but also in Texas, have been affected. No instances have been reported in Mississippi and Arkansas, but Entergy is alerting customers there.
Customers are asked to provide personal information that could be used against them, officials of New Orleans-based Entergy said. They also warn that payments made using bogus instructions won’t process correctly.
Entergy said it’s identifying affected customers by looking at electronic payments that didn’t go through. Entergy spokeswoman Mara Hartman said the company is working to correct accounts and remove bad payment fees. She said no scammed customers will be disconnected.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- MDOT cutting more than 40 jobs in Right-of-Way Division
- Granddaughter of Barq's Root Beer founder dies at 90
- Turner Grain’s transition will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- Board authorizes sale of company that owns Silver Slipper Casino
- JRA plans image makeover, hires crisis manager