Entergy warns utility customers of billing scam
Published: May 11,2012
The company says more than 2,000 customers, mainly in Louisiana but also in Texas, have been affected. No instances have been reported in Mississippi and Arkansas, but Entergy is alerting customers there.
Customers are asked to provide personal information that could be used against them, officials of New Orleans-based Entergy said. They also warn that payments made using bogus instructions won’t process correctly.
Entergy said it’s identifying affected customers by looking at electronic payments that didn’t go through. Entergy spokeswoman Mara Hartman said the company is working to correct accounts and remove bad payment fees. She said no scammed customers will be disconnected.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Seafood R’evolution set to make Mississippi ‘the new culinary epicenter of the South’
- Yarber could be sworn in today as new Jackson mayor
- After review, MSU moves forward on new research facility
- Ole Miss launches commitment to be 'climate neutral'
- Pharma Pac lays off rest of workers; could end up owing state
- SpaceX, Stennis officially open new rocket test stand
- Acco Brands investing $1.6M, adding 162 workers
- Gulf LNG terminal mulling export opportunities
- Secretary of State's Office transitioning to new location