Patterson, longtime CEO of BancorpSouth, to retire
by Associated Press
Published: May 11,2012
TUPELO — Aubrey Patterson will retire from his post as chairman and CEO of BancorpSouth Inc. in 2013, the regional bank says.
In a Thursday release, Patterson said he expected to retire around the time of the company’s annual meeting in April 2013.
The company says its board had formed a search committee to seek a replacement and had hired a search firm. Patterson says he will stay on until the transition was complete.
Patterson has been the chairman of the bank holding company since 1991, and has served in other top leadership roles since 1983.
During Patterson’s time at the top, the Tupelo bank has grown from $1.5 billion in assets to $13.3 billion in assets, expanding from Mississippi to Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Missouri, Tennessee and Texas.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- UPDATED: House subcommittee tosses discrimination elements from religious freedom bill
- Lawmakers debating alternative to Medicaid expansion
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- Senate passes teacher pay raise legislation
- Quapaw Canoe Company gains legislative support in battle with tax department
- Pickering collects more money from failed beef plant project
- Running with the big dogs — Hollywood Feed taking small-store feel to national level