Patterson, longtime CEO of BancorpSouth, to retire
Published: May 11,2012
TUPELO — Aubrey Patterson will retire from his post as chairman and CEO of BancorpSouth Inc. in 2013, the regional bank says.
In a Thursday release, Patterson said he expected to retire around the time of the company’s annual meeting in April 2013.
The company says its board had formed a search committee to seek a replacement and had hired a search firm. Patterson says he will stay on until the transition was complete.
Patterson has been the chairman of the bank holding company since 1991, and has served in other top leadership roles since 1983.
During Patterson’s time at the top, the Tupelo bank has grown from $1.5 billion in assets to $13.3 billion in assets, expanding from Mississippi to Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Missouri, Tennessee and Texas.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS — Roger Wicker: Profile in discouragement
- Tommy Robertson indicted on five counts of embezzlement
- BILL CRAWFORD — More jobs, but fewer with jobs, huh?
- Despite obstacles, craft beer industry growing
- ANITA MODAK-TRURAN — Mississippi’s motion picture renaissance
- Finding your flexible space — Regus banks on high demand for customizable work spaces
- Miss. children's hospital plans $150 million expansion
- Watch out for wildlife while driving on roads, highways
- State's ventures into alt-fuel markets net few jobs