Patterson, longtime CEO of BancorpSouth, to retire
Published: May 11,2012
TUPELO — Aubrey Patterson will retire from his post as chairman and CEO of BancorpSouth Inc. in 2013, the regional bank says.
In a Thursday release, Patterson said he expected to retire around the time of the company’s annual meeting in April 2013.
The company says its board had formed a search committee to seek a replacement and had hired a search firm. Patterson says he will stay on until the transition was complete.
Patterson has been the chairman of the bank holding company since 1991, and has served in other top leadership roles since 1983.
During Patterson’s time at the top, the Tupelo bank has grown from $1.5 billion in assets to $13.3 billion in assets, expanding from Mississippi to Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Missouri, Tennessee and Texas.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- Williams Brothers General Store is something to count on
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters