Patterson, longtime CEO of BancorpSouth, to retire
Published: May 11,2012
TUPELO — Aubrey Patterson will retire from his post as chairman and CEO of BancorpSouth Inc. in 2013, the regional bank says.
In a Thursday release, Patterson said he expected to retire around the time of the company’s annual meeting in April 2013.
The company says its board had formed a search committee to seek a replacement and had hired a search firm. Patterson says he will stay on until the transition was complete.
Patterson has been the chairman of the bank holding company since 1991, and has served in other top leadership roles since 1983.
During Patterson’s time at the top, the Tupelo bank has grown from $1.5 billion in assets to $13.3 billion in assets, expanding from Mississippi to Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Missouri, Tennessee and Texas.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Seafood R’evolution set to make Mississippi ‘the new culinary epicenter of the South’
- Yarber could be sworn in today as new Jackson mayor
- Pharma Pac lays off rest of workers; could end up owing state
- Ole Miss launches commitment to be 'climate neutral'
- Silver Airways ordered to continue service
- After review, MSU moves forward on new research facility
- SpaceX, Stennis officially open new rocket test stand
- Acco Brands investing $1.6M, adding 162 workers
- Gulf LNG terminal mulling export opportunities