Coble receives award
W.L. Giles Distinguished Professor Keith H. Coble of Mississippi State University’s agricultural economics department is receiving the Southeastern Conference’s 2012 Faculty Achievement Award. The SEC honor recognizes university professors for achievement in research, scholarship and service. One faculty member from each SEC institution was selected on the basis of outstanding records in these areas, in addition to serving as role models for other faculty and students.
Coble joined MSU’s faculty in 1997 after serving at the Economic Research Service of the U.S. Department of Agriculture. He has published more than 65 scientific research journal articles addressing risk management, agricultural and food policy, renewable energy, insurance, and experimental economics.
He teaches a capstone undergraduate class addressing food and agricultural policy, in which he incorporates major team projects and a class debate to enhance reasoning and communication skills. He also teaches graduate production economics and research seminar.
Coble received the Southern Agricultural Economics Association Distinguished Professional Contribution in the Teaching of a Course in 2006. He also has testified before Congressional Committees and made numerous studies and reviews for the USDA. His insurance analysis and studies have modified several billion dollars of crop insurance premiums in the U.S.
Coble earned his bachelor’s and master’s degrees from the University of Missouri and his doctorate from Texas A&M University.
SEC Faculty Achievement Award winners will receive a $5,000 honorarium, and Coble will become MSU’s nominee for the SEC Professor of the Year Award.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Andrew Adams helps grow Addicus
- Grand juries charge seven with election violations
- Dak Prescott's autograph fetches a pretty penny
- Butler Snow names Crockoft new office director
- Farm theft investigation recovers $200K in stolen equipment
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image
- C Spire wins national award, cash prize for marketing analytics