Franck inducted in Hall
by MBJ Staff
Published: May 13,2012
Larry Franck, a retired partner of Butler, Snow, O’Mara, Stevens & Cannada, PLLC, is a recent inductee into the University of Mississippi Law Alumni Hall of Fame. Franck is a member of the third Hall of Fame class, sponsored by the Law Alumni Chapter of the University of Mississippi Alumni Association.
Franck served on the Mississippi Supreme Court Advisory Committee on Rules of Civil Practice and Procedure for 21 years, including seven as chairman, and was instrumental in the adoption of the model rules of evidence by the state’s highest court. For this service, he received The Mississippi Bar Association’s Award of Merit and the American Board of Trial Advocates’ Civil Justice Award. An article written by Franck in 1972 in the Mississippi Law Journal on the importance of court-mandated rules of procedure was a driving force in Mississippi’s adoption of modern rules of civil procedure, which replaced archaic statutory procedures.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Giles Ward will not seek reelection to Senate
- Congressional delegation applauds Air Force's decision on Keesler, but not satisfied
- Report: Mississippi sees biggest hike in home insurance premiums in U.S.
- Businessman involved in Frankel insurance scam dies at 81
- (UPDATED) Making Jackson-Evers affordable to Allegiant is key to regaining Orlando service
- County rescinds gun ban; sheriff says lawmakers may 'deal with the consequences'
- Commission to decide if emergency should be declared in Delta school system
- Ex-state employee gets jail time for embezzling from school
- Leadership in Law nomination form
- MDOT study: State's airports generate $2.5B-plus in economic activity