Franck inducted in Hall
by MBJ Staff
Published: May 13,2012
Larry Franck, a retired partner of Butler, Snow, O’Mara, Stevens & Cannada, PLLC, is a recent inductee into the University of Mississippi Law Alumni Hall of Fame. Franck is a member of the third Hall of Fame class, sponsored by the Law Alumni Chapter of the University of Mississippi Alumni Association.
Franck served on the Mississippi Supreme Court Advisory Committee on Rules of Civil Practice and Procedure for 21 years, including seven as chairman, and was instrumental in the adoption of the model rules of evidence by the state’s highest court. For this service, he received The Mississippi Bar Association’s Award of Merit and the American Board of Trial Advocates’ Civil Justice Award. An article written by Franck in 1972 in the Mississippi Law Journal on the importance of court-mandated rules of procedure was a driving force in Mississippi’s adoption of modern rules of civil procedure, which replaced archaic statutory procedures.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Barbour to lead Butler Snow economic development firm
- Kemper plant employee gag order continued
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- Delta State conference brings renowned speakers
- (UPDATE) Judge rules on Google request on attorney general inquiry
- The leadership styles of President Obama
- Digital Editions - magazines
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game