Franck inducted in Hall
by MBJ Staff
Published: May 13,2012
Larry Franck, a retired partner of Butler, Snow, O’Mara, Stevens & Cannada, PLLC, is a recent inductee into the University of Mississippi Law Alumni Hall of Fame. Franck is a member of the third Hall of Fame class, sponsored by the Law Alumni Chapter of the University of Mississippi Alumni Association.
Franck served on the Mississippi Supreme Court Advisory Committee on Rules of Civil Practice and Procedure for 21 years, including seven as chairman, and was instrumental in the adoption of the model rules of evidence by the state’s highest court. For this service, he received The Mississippi Bar Association’s Award of Merit and the American Board of Trial Advocates’ Civil Justice Award. An article written by Franck in 1972 in the Mississippi Law Journal on the importance of court-mandated rules of procedure was a driving force in Mississippi’s adoption of modern rules of civil procedure, which replaced archaic statutory procedures.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mississippi no longer has highest unemployment rate in nation
- McDaniel cites Gunn's challenge in his attempt to overturn loss to Cochran
- Payday lender, fired executive exchanging blame for lender’s regulatory woes
- Outside group files arguments supporting McDaniel
- Grain buyer’s bankruptcy could take steep toll on Delta farmers
- UPDATE — David Watkins says JRA left him in dark about HUD's Farish St. involvement
- Mad Genius, Eyevox owner acquires Mississippi Film Studios
- Once the bane of only Southerners, kudzu is migrating north and west
- Court rules board can discipline West Virginia radiologist