Franck inducted in Hall
by MBJ Staff
Published: May 13,2012
Larry Franck, a retired partner of Butler, Snow, O’Mara, Stevens & Cannada, PLLC, is a recent inductee into the University of Mississippi Law Alumni Hall of Fame. Franck is a member of the third Hall of Fame class, sponsored by the Law Alumni Chapter of the University of Mississippi Alumni Association.
Franck served on the Mississippi Supreme Court Advisory Committee on Rules of Civil Practice and Procedure for 21 years, including seven as chairman, and was instrumental in the adoption of the model rules of evidence by the state’s highest court. For this service, he received The Mississippi Bar Association’s Award of Merit and the American Board of Trial Advocates’ Civil Justice Award. An article written by Franck in 1972 in the Mississippi Law Journal on the importance of court-mandated rules of procedure was a driving force in Mississippi’s adoption of modern rules of civil procedure, which replaced archaic statutory procedures.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Molpus closes Fund after more than $662M in commitments
- MSU reminding fans that drones are prohibited at football games
- Politics of paying for transportation: Hand wringing and a lot of talk
- DeSoto County Supervisor Lee dies in ATV accident on his birthday
- Realtors chooses Nita Wingard
- Researchers: Trapping, not hunting, best way to control wild hogs
- Former DPS employees sentenced for selling bogus driver's licenses
- Entergy agrees to cut $35M from its new rate plan
- No debate, but Cochran and Childers lobby for votes for Senate