MSU honors Dunaway
by MBJ Staff
Published: May 13,2012
In recognition of his contributions to student well-being at Mississippi State University, Greg Dunaway is receiving the Dean of Students Award of Excellence. He becomes only the second recipient of the honor since its inception in 2007.
Dunaway, who was named associate dean of the College of Arts and Sciences earlier this year, is a tireless advocate for students. In his role as associate dean, Dunaway’s responsibilities include academic affairs and student services. He coordinates all aspects of the college’s undergraduate programs, including curriculum issues, student advising and awards and scholarships.
The Thomas Bailey Professor of Sociology, he is a former sociology department head and was instrumental in creating the state’s only criminology degree program.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- MDA introduces new 'Mississippi Homecoming' tourism ad campaign
- Crowded field lines up for Jackson mayoral election
- MSU Foundation names five new members
- Cochran questions nominee concerning Stanford ponzi scheme
- Another fiberhood qualifies for C Spire 1-gigabit Internet service
- George’s Girls put shopping skills to work
- DMR pays accounting firm more than double contract's worth
- Reactive Surfaces files lawsuit against Toyota in patent dispute
- Following ruling, Entergy to hand over records to county