MSU honors Dunaway
by MBJ Staff
Published: May 13,2012
In recognition of his contributions to student well-being at Mississippi State University, Greg Dunaway is receiving the Dean of Students Award of Excellence. He becomes only the second recipient of the honor since its inception in 2007.
Dunaway, who was named associate dean of the College of Arts and Sciences earlier this year, is a tireless advocate for students. In his role as associate dean, Dunaway’s responsibilities include academic affairs and student services. He coordinates all aspects of the college’s undergraduate programs, including curriculum issues, student advising and awards and scholarships.
The Thomas Bailey Professor of Sociology, he is a former sociology department head and was instrumental in creating the state’s only criminology degree program.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Deal for Jackson-Orlando flights in works with Allegiant
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible
- Explosion at Coast fish plant leaves one dead, three injured
- State GOP chairman calls on McDaniel to hurry with challenge
- McCarthy hired as CFO of Mississippi Development Authority
- Former Gov. Musgrove pushing lawsuit to school districts
- Guns OK inside Mississippi polling places, attorney general says
- Former state lawmaker Green dies at home at age 62
- 'Get on Up' movie premiers in Madison with Chadwick Boseman and Tate Taylor walking the red carpet
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi