MSU honors Dunaway
by MBJ Staff
Published: May 13,2012
In recognition of his contributions to student well-being at Mississippi State University, Greg Dunaway is receiving the Dean of Students Award of Excellence. He becomes only the second recipient of the honor since its inception in 2007.
Dunaway, who was named associate dean of the College of Arts and Sciences earlier this year, is a tireless advocate for students. In his role as associate dean, Dunaway’s responsibilities include academic affairs and student services. He coordinates all aspects of the college’s undergraduate programs, including curriculum issues, student advising and awards and scholarships.
The Thomas Bailey Professor of Sociology, he is a former sociology department head and was instrumental in creating the state’s only criminology degree program.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Expert on airlines predicts Jackson-Evers will keep remaining carriers
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- MAN OF STEEL: Madhu Ranade leading Severstal Columbus
- C Spire launches next phase of 1-gig service rollout
- Alcorn's finances being investigated; CFO resigns
- State granted delay in implementing teacher evaluations
- Hood issues opinion on open-carry gun law
- Officials hand mayor projects list totaling $57.7M
- Board continues to negotiate with propsective hospital buyers
- NEW ORLEANS SAINTS MOVING — Mississippi company has the task of moving the football team