MSU honors Dunaway
by MBJ Staff
Published: May 13,2012
In recognition of his contributions to student well-being at Mississippi State University, Greg Dunaway is receiving the Dean of Students Award of Excellence. He becomes only the second recipient of the honor since its inception in 2007.
Dunaway, who was named associate dean of the College of Arts and Sciences earlier this year, is a tireless advocate for students. In his role as associate dean, Dunaway’s responsibilities include academic affairs and student services. He coordinates all aspects of the college’s undergraduate programs, including curriculum issues, student advising and awards and scholarships.
The Thomas Bailey Professor of Sociology, he is a former sociology department head and was instrumental in creating the state’s only criminology degree program.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Peavey's wellness program honored after workers drop 1,000 pounds
- Group, lesbian couples look to overturn state's ban on same-sex marriages
- Pickering lists concerns over Mississippi Adequate Education Program formula
- Watkins says JRA out to block him from Farish by repaying HUD $1.5M
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- State renews battle over water use with city of Memphis
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015