MSU honors Dunaway
by MBJ Staff
Published: May 13,2012
In recognition of his contributions to student well-being at Mississippi State University, Greg Dunaway is receiving the Dean of Students Award of Excellence. He becomes only the second recipient of the honor since its inception in 2007.
Dunaway, who was named associate dean of the College of Arts and Sciences earlier this year, is a tireless advocate for students. In his role as associate dean, Dunaway’s responsibilities include academic affairs and student services. He coordinates all aspects of the college’s undergraduate programs, including curriculum issues, student advising and awards and scholarships.
The Thomas Bailey Professor of Sociology, he is a former sociology department head and was instrumental in creating the state’s only criminology degree program.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Peoples Bank reports quarterly loss due to bad loans
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal