Myers named dean
by MBJ Staff
Published: May 13,2012
An associate dean at the University of Mississippi has been named dean of the University of Missouri’s School of Law. The Columbia (Mo.) Daily Tribune reports Gary Myers will begin his new job Aug. 15. He replaces Larry Dessem, who is returning to teaching. Myers graduated with honors from Duke University School of Law. He earned his bachelor’s degree in economics from New York University.
He also was an associate with a law firm in Atlanta and served as a law clerk on the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 11th Circuit in Jacksonville, Fla.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- Mississippi judge dismisses lawsuit seeking to overturn Sen. Cochran's GOP primary win
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- Judge expected to rule today on McDaniel's challenge of loss to Cochran
- Isle of Capri reports decreased in-state revenues; experiencing 'market pressures'
- Circuit clerks question how to get records to McDaniel's trial
- Chefs John Folse and Rick Tramonto are dotting every ‘i’ and crossing every ‘t’ in the development of Seafood R’evolution, which is set to open in November