Myers named dean
by MBJ Staff
Published: May 13,2012
An associate dean at the University of Mississippi has been named dean of the University of Missouri’s School of Law. The Columbia (Mo.) Daily Tribune reports Gary Myers will begin his new job Aug. 15. He replaces Larry Dessem, who is returning to teaching. Myers graduated with honors from Duke University School of Law. He earned his bachelor’s degree in economics from New York University.
He also was an associate with a law firm in Atlanta and served as a law clerk on the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 11th Circuit in Jacksonville, Fla.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Host families prepare for Mississippi Braves’ season
- PHIL HARDWICK: When will Mississippi change its culture?
- Ridgeland property rights tussle is expected to have wide impact
- JOSH MABUS — Mississippi’s Healthcare: Not a quality problem, a marketing problem
- Mississippi takes an incentives licking, keeps on ticking
- (VIDEO) ALAN TURNER: Wilson says he’s ready for elected office
- Bill would open hospital meetings, expand records access
- Choctaws' new hospital nearing completion
- Mississippi furniture makers on rebound with more exports