SPEPA names managers
by MBJ Staff
Published: May 13,2012
Southern Pine Electric Power Association has made three management changes. Jason Siegfried was promoted from Taylorsville district manager to assistant general manager. Drummonds McAlpin replaces Siegfried as district manager. And, Dan Davis was named manager of the Marketing and Public Relations Department. Since graduating from Mississippi State University in 1998 with a bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering, Siegfried has worked in the consulting field, owned and operated a cellular tower construction company and worked with several electric power companies. The last 10 years have been spent in various positions with Southern Pine. He completed the Robert I. Kabat Management Internship Program at the University of Wisconsin and received his MBA from the Else School of Business at Millsaps College in May 2008. A Jackson County native, Siegfried lives in Brandon with his wife, Ashley, and their three children, Garrett, Owen and Elena Grace. He serves on the board of directors for the Mississippi Burn Foundation, is a Paul Harris Fellow with Rotary Foundation and has served as president of the Rankin County Rotary Club and the Engineering and Operations Section of the Electric Power Associations of Mississippi.
McAlpin joined Southern Pine in March 2011 after serving as a vice president and commercial lender for PriorityOne Bank in Hattiesburg and Magee. He is a graduate of the University of Southern Mississippi and the Graduate School of Banking at LSU. He is enrolled in the Robert I. Kabat Management Internship Program at the University of Wisconsin. McAlpin is a member of various civic organizations, and is active in the National Wild Turkey Federation at the local and state level. He has two children, Caroline and Cannon.
Davis is a graduate of Delta State University. He most recently served as managing editor of the Hattiesburg American and previously worked at newspapers in Pascagoula, Jackson, Columbus, Cleveland and West Point. He joined Southern Pine in March 2011. He and his wife, Martha, are the parents of two daughters, Anna and Mary Beth.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- Tallahatchie General’s listing on auditor’s ‘watchline’ an image set back, CEO says
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- TVA president/CEO Johnson tours Techumseh, Yokohama plants
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- Kelly Boutwell added, Jason Word promoted at MEC
- Ex-city worker arrested on false pretense charge
- Cotton to take center stage during MSU summit
- BRENT CHRISTENSEN — Entrepreneurs: A vital fuel for Mississippi’s Economy