Sullivan has new book
by MBJ Staff
Published: May 13,2012
Charles L. Sullivan, archivist and professor emeritus at Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College, has a new book. “Gulf Coast Album: A Journey in Historic Photographs 1899-2011, From New Orleans Across the Mississippi Gulf Coast to Mobile” provides the history buff the opportunity to relive some great moments and revisit memorable places along the Gulf Coast.
Sullivan spent seven years researching and writing captions for the book. He looked through more than 46,000 photographs, transparencies, slides and negatives, mostly from the college archives’ two major resources, the Dixie Press Collection and the C.C. “Tex” Hamill Down South Magazine Collection.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- TVA president/CEO Johnson tours Techumseh, Yokohama plants
- Sawtimber, pulpwood markets improving, but challenges remain
- News The Way You Want It!
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip