Sullivan has new book
by MBJ Staff
Published: May 13,2012
Charles L. Sullivan, archivist and professor emeritus at Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College, has a new book. “Gulf Coast Album: A Journey in Historic Photographs 1899-2011, From New Orleans Across the Mississippi Gulf Coast to Mobile” provides the history buff the opportunity to relive some great moments and revisit memorable places along the Gulf Coast.
Sullivan spent seven years researching and writing captions for the book. He looked through more than 46,000 photographs, transparencies, slides and negatives, mostly from the college archives’ two major resources, the Dixie Press Collection and the C.C. “Tex” Hamill Down South Magazine Collection.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Mississippi judge dismisses lawsuit seeking to overturn Sen. Cochran's GOP primary win
- George Flaggs regrets repayment flaw in lending law
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- Chefs John Folse and Rick Tramonto are dotting every ‘i’ and crossing every ‘t’ in the development of Seafood R’evolution, which is set to open in November
- PEDIGREE dog food recalled; might contain metal fragments
- Bryant issues executive order to establish Delta water task force