Sullivan has new book
by MBJ Staff
Published: May 13,2012
Charles L. Sullivan, archivist and professor emeritus at Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College, has a new book. “Gulf Coast Album: A Journey in Historic Photographs 1899-2011, From New Orleans Across the Mississippi Gulf Coast to Mobile” provides the history buff the opportunity to relive some great moments and revisit memorable places along the Gulf Coast.
Sullivan spent seven years researching and writing captions for the book. He looked through more than 46,000 photographs, transparencies, slides and negatives, mostly from the college archives’ two major resources, the Dixie Press Collection and the C.C. “Tex” Hamill Down South Magazine Collection.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- Half century of memories — Christmas on Deer Creek to celebrate 50th anniversary
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Former MDEQ Executive Director Trudy Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Gulf oil rig explosion kills one worker, injures three
- Federal appeals court: State's abortion law is unconstitutional
- Can Metrocenter rise from the ashes? Again
- Court hits David Watkins with $600,000 order over Retro Metro issues