Sullivan has new book
by MBJ Staff
Published: May 13,2012
Charles L. Sullivan, archivist and professor emeritus at Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College, has a new book. “Gulf Coast Album: A Journey in Historic Photographs 1899-2011, From New Orleans Across the Mississippi Gulf Coast to Mobile” provides the history buff the opportunity to relive some great moments and revisit memorable places along the Gulf Coast.
Sullivan spent seven years researching and writing captions for the book. He looked through more than 46,000 photographs, transparencies, slides and negatives, mostly from the college archives’ two major resources, the Dixie Press Collection and the C.C. “Tex” Hamill Down South Magazine Collection.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Molpus closes Fund after more than $662M in commitments
- MSU reminding fans that drones are prohibited at football games
- Politics of paying for transportation: Hand wringing and a lot of talk
- DeSoto County Supervisor Lee dies in ATV accident on his birthday
- Realtors chooses Nita Wingard
- Researchers: Trapping, not hunting, best way to control wild hogs
- Entergy agrees to cut $35M from its new rate plan
- No debate, but Cochran and Childers lobby for votes for Senate
- Ford Foundation gives to UM for new science building