Buffett attends certification meeting for Magaritaville Casino
Published: May 17,2012
JACKSON — Jimmy Buffett says creating jobs on the Gulf Coast is a rewarding part of his new Margaritaville Casino and Resort in Mississippi.
Buffett was in Jackson today when the Mississippi Gaming Commission signed off the certification for the casino, set to open next Tuesday in Biloxi.
The meeting was a formality. Gaming Commission Chairman Jerry St. Pe told Buffett and his business partner, John Cohlan, the casino had already been found suitable for certification.
Buffett told the board the casino will be fun but also will bring “a thousand new jobs to the Gulf Coast at a time they’re needed.”
After the meeting, Buffett wouldn’t say if he’ll perform at the opening, but pointed out that he’s “a shameless musician and coming home seems like a party to me.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi
- McCarthy hired as CFO of Mississippi Development Authority
- State GOP chairman calls on McDaniel to hurry with challenge
- Guns OK inside Mississippi polling places, attorney general says
- Fair cabins becoming more valuable, sources say
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Tyler Raborn finds success and fulfillment with Raborn Media
- Three indicted, alleged to have embezzled from agency
- Cal-Maine strikes joint venture deal with Arizona company
- Under state probe, All American Check Cashing gets ‘F’ rating from Better Business Bureau