Buffett attends certification meeting for Magaritaville Casino
Published: May 17,2012
JACKSON — Jimmy Buffett says creating jobs on the Gulf Coast is a rewarding part of his new Margaritaville Casino and Resort in Mississippi.
Buffett was in Jackson today when the Mississippi Gaming Commission signed off the certification for the casino, set to open next Tuesday in Biloxi.
The meeting was a formality. Gaming Commission Chairman Jerry St. Pe told Buffett and his business partner, John Cohlan, the casino had already been found suitable for certification.
Buffett told the board the casino will be fun but also will bring “a thousand new jobs to the Gulf Coast at a time they’re needed.”
After the meeting, Buffett wouldn’t say if he’ll perform at the opening, but pointed out that he’s “a shameless musician and coming home seems like a party to me.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- MBJ Special report: MDA numbers help with cities’ retail pitches
- COO of TL Wallace Construction keeps eye on revenue growth and profits
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- RAISING AWARENESS — Lori Newcomb, family join fight against ovarian cancer
- DREAMS AND OYSTERS — Houstons set for August opening of Saltine in Fondren
- Isle of Capri reports decreased in-state revenues; experiencing 'market pressures'