Buffett attends certification meeting for Magaritaville Casino
by Associated Press
Published: May 17,2012
JACKSON — Jimmy Buffett says creating jobs on the Gulf Coast is a rewarding part of his new Margaritaville Casino and Resort in Mississippi.
Buffett was in Jackson today when the Mississippi Gaming Commission signed off the certification for the casino, set to open next Tuesday in Biloxi.
The meeting was a formality. Gaming Commission Chairman Jerry St. Pe told Buffett and his business partner, John Cohlan, the casino had already been found suitable for certification.
Buffett told the board the casino will be fun but also will bring “a thousand new jobs to the Gulf Coast at a time they’re needed.”
After the meeting, Buffett wouldn’t say if he’ll perform at the opening, but pointed out that he’s “a shameless musician and coming home seems like a party to me.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Mississippi Power CEO's departure due to withholding Kemper information from regulators
- Hosemann revels in victory over Court's redistricting ruling
- LNG facility hoping to begin exporting natural gas
- Tenn. company makes unspecified offer to lease hospital
- Nullification and interposition
- Airport's food irradiation business could create new jobs
- In wake of bond issue failure, golf course fights to stay playable
- Ag officials say late planting reaching historical proportions