Chang to lead department
by MBJ Staff
Published: May 20,2012
Mississippi State University has named Sam K. Chang as the new head of the Department of Food Science, Nutrition and Health Promotion. Chang has been a professor in the Department of Cereal and Food Sciences at North Dakota State University since 1997. Before joining NDSU in 1984, he served as a research fellow at the University of Arizona and associate professor and head at the Chinese Culture University in Taiwan.
Chang earned his doctorate and master’s degrees in food science and technology from the University of Nebraska-Lincoln. He obtained a bachelor’s degree in food and nutrition from the Chinese Culture University in Taiwan.
During his tenure at NDSU, he worked with others to produce five new cultivars for edible beans, a venture that generated revenue for the university.
Chang’s official start date will be June 1, pending approval by Mississippi’s Institutions of Higher Learning.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- BILL CRAWFORD: Dan Jones not the angel he is portrayed to be
- JOSH MABUS: Bill Murray and business misfits
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Analysis: Closed meetings can feed false public impressions
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- DAVID DALLAS — Just how long can Dan stand?
- Lawmakers move on bonds despite complaints from colleges and universities
- Cal-Maine income skyrockets as prices rise and costs shrink
- Business groups file briefs in support of Kemper coal plant rehearing