Chang to lead department
by MBJ Staff
Published: May 20,2012
Mississippi State University has named Sam K. Chang as the new head of the Department of Food Science, Nutrition and Health Promotion. Chang has been a professor in the Department of Cereal and Food Sciences at North Dakota State University since 1997. Before joining NDSU in 1984, he served as a research fellow at the University of Arizona and associate professor and head at the Chinese Culture University in Taiwan.
Chang earned his doctorate and master’s degrees in food science and technology from the University of Nebraska-Lincoln. He obtained a bachelor’s degree in food and nutrition from the Chinese Culture University in Taiwan.
During his tenure at NDSU, he worked with others to produce five new cultivars for edible beans, a venture that generated revenue for the university.
Chang’s official start date will be June 1, pending approval by Mississippi’s Institutions of Higher Learning.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Click Boutique revives Hattiesburg downtown retail district
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- KEEPING OUR EYE ON: Elizabeth Harris
- Brown would make history if confirmed as judge
- Real estate company paying $1M for compromising wetlands
- Nullification and interposition
- Authorities: Suspect in ricin-laced letters case appeared to try to run
- Froyo y’all: Couple brings 'delicious' dessert to Delta
- Undersecretary: 'I understand the frustration' over catfish inspections