Chang to lead department
by MBJ Staff
Published: May 20,2012
Mississippi State University has named Sam K. Chang as the new head of the Department of Food Science, Nutrition and Health Promotion. Chang has been a professor in the Department of Cereal and Food Sciences at North Dakota State University since 1997. Before joining NDSU in 1984, he served as a research fellow at the University of Arizona and associate professor and head at the Chinese Culture University in Taiwan.
Chang earned his doctorate and master’s degrees in food science and technology from the University of Nebraska-Lincoln. He obtained a bachelor’s degree in food and nutrition from the Chinese Culture University in Taiwan.
During his tenure at NDSU, he worked with others to produce five new cultivars for edible beans, a venture that generated revenue for the university.
Chang’s official start date will be June 1, pending approval by Mississippi’s Institutions of Higher Learning.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- Dak Prescott's autograph fetches a pretty penny
- Butler Snow names Crockoft new office director
- Grand juries charge seven with election violations
- Farm theft investigation recovers $200K in stolen equipment
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Gulf oil and gas leases to go up for sale in March
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image
- C Spire wins national award, cash prize for marketing analytics