Chang to lead department
by MBJ Staff
Published: May 20,2012
Mississippi State University has named Sam K. Chang as the new head of the Department of Food Science, Nutrition and Health Promotion. Chang has been a professor in the Department of Cereal and Food Sciences at North Dakota State University since 1997. Before joining NDSU in 1984, he served as a research fellow at the University of Arizona and associate professor and head at the Chinese Culture University in Taiwan.
Chang earned his doctorate and master’s degrees in food science and technology from the University of Nebraska-Lincoln. He obtained a bachelor’s degree in food and nutrition from the Chinese Culture University in Taiwan.
During his tenure at NDSU, he worked with others to produce five new cultivars for edible beans, a venture that generated revenue for the university.
Chang’s official start date will be June 1, pending approval by Mississippi’s Institutions of Higher Learning.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Oxford’s FNC getting new headquarters
- Judge intends to rule on McDaniel's challenge before general election
- QUIRKY? NO, JERKY — Whatever your craving, Beef Jerky Outlets likely has the flavor among 200+ choices
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- (UPDATE) I-20 partially closed as vehicle carrying hazardous materials burns
- Coast family wins $644K in tideland lawsuit against state
- State’s MAGIC accounting system works, albeit with glitches
- Corps official: River needs larger ports, locks and dams
- C Spire, UM installing Wi-Fi network at Vaught-Hemingway Stadium