Ely tapped by MDOT
by MBJ Staff
Published: May 20,2012
Jeff Ely has been appointed to the position of state planning engineer at the Mississippi Department of Transportation. In his new position, Ely will oversee MDOT’s Planning Division, which is responsible for transportation planning studies, mapping, and the collection and reporting of traffic, fuel tax, and roadway data. Ely began his career with MDOT in 2002 in the Planning Division as an engineer-in-training. He has been involved in feasibility studies, roadway inventory, and the development of MDOT’s Long-Range Transportation Plan and Statewide Transportation Improvement Program.
He is a native of Jackson County who graduated from Mississippi State University in 2002 with a bachelor of science degree in civil engineering.
Ely resides in Brandon with his wife, Jamie, and their daughter, Hayden.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Warden who lives hundreds of miles from jail resigns
- Jail kitchen supervisor pleads guilty to stealing food
- BankPlus recognized for alternative program to payday lending
- Top 10 finalists chosen for C Spire Conerly Trophy
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Stricklin: Deer parasites don't affect quality of venison
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Prison-contract task force working in wake of Epps' indictment