Ely tapped by MDOT
by MBJ Staff
Published: May 20,2012
Jeff Ely has been appointed to the position of state planning engineer at the Mississippi Department of Transportation. In his new position, Ely will oversee MDOT’s Planning Division, which is responsible for transportation planning studies, mapping, and the collection and reporting of traffic, fuel tax, and roadway data. Ely began his career with MDOT in 2002 in the Planning Division as an engineer-in-training. He has been involved in feasibility studies, roadway inventory, and the development of MDOT’s Long-Range Transportation Plan and Statewide Transportation Improvement Program.
He is a native of Jackson County who graduated from Mississippi State University in 2002 with a bachelor of science degree in civil engineering.
Ely resides in Brandon with his wife, Jamie, and their daughter, Hayden.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: Mr. McDaniel goes to Washington
- Judge to hear from True the Vote as McDaniel attempts to overturn loss to Cochran
- Weyerhaeuser investing $57M to modernize lumber mill
- Moon River Foods creating 100 jobs in Mississippi Delta
- Google chooses Mad Genius as example of Internet use
- Two BancorpSouth mergers delayed by federal inquiries
- Health officials identify another case of chikungunya virus
- Biloxi council approves $29M contract for baseball stadium construction
- Three indicted, alleged to have embezzled from agency
- Under state probe, All American Check Cashing gets ‘F’ rating from Better Business Bureau