Ely tapped by MDOT
by MBJ Staff
Published: May 20,2012
Jeff Ely has been appointed to the position of state planning engineer at the Mississippi Department of Transportation. In his new position, Ely will oversee MDOT’s Planning Division, which is responsible for transportation planning studies, mapping, and the collection and reporting of traffic, fuel tax, and roadway data. Ely began his career with MDOT in 2002 in the Planning Division as an engineer-in-training. He has been involved in feasibility studies, roadway inventory, and the development of MDOT’s Long-Range Transportation Plan and Statewide Transportation Improvement Program.
He is a native of Jackson County who graduated from Mississippi State University in 2002 with a bachelor of science degree in civil engineering.
Ely resides in Brandon with his wife, Jamie, and their daughter, Hayden.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Oxford’s FNC getting new headquarters
- QUIRKY? NO, JERKY — Whatever your craving, Beef Jerky Outlets likely has the flavor among 200+ choices
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- Federal charges dropped against Shumate after guilty plea
- Cochran's attorneys argue for dismissal of McDaniel's lawsuit
- ALAN TURNER — The ‘Internet of things’ is focus of Camgian's Gary Butler
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — State roots key to Edge Theory's Joe Stradinger
- MEMA warns of hottest temperatures of the year