Ely tapped by MDOT
by MBJ Staff
Published: May 20,2012
Jeff Ely has been appointed to the position of state planning engineer at the Mississippi Department of Transportation. In his new position, Ely will oversee MDOT’s Planning Division, which is responsible for transportation planning studies, mapping, and the collection and reporting of traffic, fuel tax, and roadway data. Ely began his career with MDOT in 2002 in the Planning Division as an engineer-in-training. He has been involved in feasibility studies, roadway inventory, and the development of MDOT’s Long-Range Transportation Plan and Statewide Transportation Improvement Program.
He is a native of Jackson County who graduated from Mississippi State University in 2002 with a bachelor of science degree in civil engineering.
Ely resides in Brandon with his wife, Jamie, and their daughter, Hayden.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Andrew Adams helps grow Addicus
- Dak Prescott's autograph fetches a pretty penny
- Grand juries charge seven with election violations
- C Spire wins national award, cash prize for marketing analytics
- Butler Snow names Crockoft new office director
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image
- Farm theft investigation recovers $200K in stolen equipment