Ely tapped by MDOT
by MBJ Staff
Published: May 20,2012
Jeff Ely has been appointed to the position of state planning engineer at the Mississippi Department of Transportation. In his new position, Ely will oversee MDOT’s Planning Division, which is responsible for transportation planning studies, mapping, and the collection and reporting of traffic, fuel tax, and roadway data. Ely began his career with MDOT in 2002 in the Planning Division as an engineer-in-training. He has been involved in feasibility studies, roadway inventory, and the development of MDOT’s Long-Range Transportation Plan and Statewide Transportation Improvement Program.
He is a native of Jackson County who graduated from Mississippi State University in 2002 with a bachelor of science degree in civil engineering.
Ely resides in Brandon with his wife, Jamie, and their daughter, Hayden.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Peoples Bank reports quarterly loss due to bad loans
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal