MSU promotes Herndon
by MBJ Staff
Published: May 20,2012
Cary W. “Bill” Herndon, a long-time leader in Mississippi State University’s Division of Agriculture, Forestry and Veterinary Medicine, has been named the new associate vice president in the division after a national search. Since November 2008, Herndon has served as the head of the North Mississippi Research and Extension Center at Verona, which supports agriculture and forestry research and outreach activities in northeastern Mississippi. He previously served for almost 25 years on the faculty in the Department of Agricultural Economics. Assignments during that time included departmental graduate program coordinator, Cochran Fellows program manager and interim department head. He also served for three years as interim director of the Office of International Programs at MSU.
Herndon received his bachelor’s and master’s degrees from Texas A&M University and his doctorate from Oklahoma State University, all in agricultural economics. He has served as president of the Southern Agricultural Economics Association and MSU’s chapter of Gamma Sigma Delta, the honor society of agriculture. The chapter gave him the Extension Award of Merit in 2008. The Mississippi Association of County Agricultural Agents presented him with the 2007 Outstanding Extension Specialist Award.
After approval by the Institutions of Higher Learning, Herndon will begin his new responsibilities June 1.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- Half century of memories — Christmas on Deer Creek to celebrate 50th anniversary
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Former MDEQ Executive Director Trudy Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Federal appeals court: State's abortion law is unconstitutional
- Can Metrocenter rise from the ashes? Again
- Gulf oil rig explosion kills one worker, injures three
- Hunting deer? There's an app for that