MSU promotes Herndon
by MBJ Staff
Published: May 20,2012
Cary W. “Bill” Herndon, a long-time leader in Mississippi State University’s Division of Agriculture, Forestry and Veterinary Medicine, has been named the new associate vice president in the division after a national search. Since November 2008, Herndon has served as the head of the North Mississippi Research and Extension Center at Verona, which supports agriculture and forestry research and outreach activities in northeastern Mississippi. He previously served for almost 25 years on the faculty in the Department of Agricultural Economics. Assignments during that time included departmental graduate program coordinator, Cochran Fellows program manager and interim department head. He also served for three years as interim director of the Office of International Programs at MSU.
Herndon received his bachelor’s and master’s degrees from Texas A&M University and his doctorate from Oklahoma State University, all in agricultural economics. He has served as president of the Southern Agricultural Economics Association and MSU’s chapter of Gamma Sigma Delta, the honor society of agriculture. The chapter gave him the Extension Award of Merit in 2008. The Mississippi Association of County Agricultural Agents presented him with the 2007 Outstanding Extension Specialist Award.
After approval by the Institutions of Higher Learning, Herndon will begin his new responsibilities June 1.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS — Just how long can Dan stand?
- BILL CRAWFORD: Dan Jones not the angel he is portrayed to be
- Chancery judge delays JRA bond approval for Jackson's Westin hotel
- KILL BILL: Common Core death knell heads to Gov. Bryant's desk
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Keeping our eye on: Neal Stephens
- Cal-Maine income skyrockets as prices rise and costs shrink
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Business groups file briefs in support of Kemper coal plant rehearing