MSU promotes Herndon
by MBJ Staff
Published: May 20,2012
Cary W. “Bill” Herndon, a long-time leader in Mississippi State University’s Division of Agriculture, Forestry and Veterinary Medicine, has been named the new associate vice president in the division after a national search. Since November 2008, Herndon has served as the head of the North Mississippi Research and Extension Center at Verona, which supports agriculture and forestry research and outreach activities in northeastern Mississippi. He previously served for almost 25 years on the faculty in the Department of Agricultural Economics. Assignments during that time included departmental graduate program coordinator, Cochran Fellows program manager and interim department head. He also served for three years as interim director of the Office of International Programs at MSU.
Herndon received his bachelor’s and master’s degrees from Texas A&M University and his doctorate from Oklahoma State University, all in agricultural economics. He has served as president of the Southern Agricultural Economics Association and MSU’s chapter of Gamma Sigma Delta, the honor society of agriculture. The chapter gave him the Extension Award of Merit in 2008. The Mississippi Association of County Agricultural Agents presented him with the 2007 Outstanding Extension Specialist Award.
After approval by the Institutions of Higher Learning, Herndon will begin his new responsibilities June 1.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- Turner Grain’s transition will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Granddaughter of Barq's Root Beer founder dies at 90
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- MDOT cutting more than 40 jobs in Right-of-Way Division
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Board authorizes sale of company that owns Silver Slipper Casino
- JRA plans image makeover, hires crisis manager