MSU promotes Herndon
by MBJ Staff
Published: May 20,2012
Cary W. “Bill” Herndon, a long-time leader in Mississippi State University’s Division of Agriculture, Forestry and Veterinary Medicine, has been named the new associate vice president in the division after a national search. Since November 2008, Herndon has served as the head of the North Mississippi Research and Extension Center at Verona, which supports agriculture and forestry research and outreach activities in northeastern Mississippi. He previously served for almost 25 years on the faculty in the Department of Agricultural Economics. Assignments during that time included departmental graduate program coordinator, Cochran Fellows program manager and interim department head. He also served for three years as interim director of the Office of International Programs at MSU.
Herndon received his bachelor’s and master’s degrees from Texas A&M University and his doctorate from Oklahoma State University, all in agricultural economics. He has served as president of the Southern Agricultural Economics Association and MSU’s chapter of Gamma Sigma Delta, the honor society of agriculture. The chapter gave him the Extension Award of Merit in 2008. The Mississippi Association of County Agricultural Agents presented him with the 2007 Outstanding Extension Specialist Award.
After approval by the Institutions of Higher Learning, Herndon will begin his new responsibilities June 1.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- McDaniel delays decision on whether to appeal dismissal of lawsuit
- More than a dozen school districts sue state over funding
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- Jackson to get C Spire's high-speed internet
- New York firm buying majority interest in Tupelo mall, shopping center
- Bryant issues executive order to establish Delta water task force