Shappley joins First Bank
by MBJ Staff
Published: May 20,2012
John M. Shappley has joined First Bank as executive vice president and chief credit officer. Shappley began his banking career in 1992 with Deposit Guaranty and has advanced his career at several Mississippi banks. While at The First Bancshares Inc., he was executive vice president/chief credit officer and regional president. At Wachovia Bank (now Wells Fargo), he was market president of Central Mississippi.
Shappley holds a RRA in finance from Mississippi State University and is a graduate of Graduate School of Banking at Louisiana State University.
He has served in advisory positions with the MSU School of Business and Industry and as national director of the MSU Alumni Association.
He participated in Leadership Mississippi, and has served on a number of advisory and charitable boards and committees in South Mississippi.
Shappley and his wife, T.J., have two children, Will and Caroline.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- MBJ Special report: MDA numbers help with cities’ retail pitches
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- COO of TL Wallace Construction keeps eye on revenue growth and profits
- RAISING AWARENESS — Lori Newcomb, family join fight against ovarian cancer
- Isle of Capri reports decreased in-state revenues; experiencing 'market pressures'
- DREAMS AND OYSTERS — Houstons set for August opening of Saltine in Fondren