Shappley joins First Bank
by MBJ Staff
Published: May 20,2012
John M. Shappley has joined First Bank as executive vice president and chief credit officer. Shappley began his banking career in 1992 with Deposit Guaranty and has advanced his career at several Mississippi banks. While at The First Bancshares Inc., he was executive vice president/chief credit officer and regional president. At Wachovia Bank (now Wells Fargo), he was market president of Central Mississippi.
Shappley holds a RRA in finance from Mississippi State University and is a graduate of Graduate School of Banking at Louisiana State University.
He has served in advisory positions with the MSU School of Business and Industry and as national director of the MSU Alumni Association.
He participated in Leadership Mississippi, and has served on a number of advisory and charitable boards and committees in South Mississippi.
Shappley and his wife, T.J., have two children, Will and Caroline.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Jackson’s Landmark Center slated for mixed-use conversion
- ANITA MODAK-TRURAN — Mississippi’s motion picture renaissance
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- Race to the pump: Feds appear ready to beat state on new gas taxes
- Senate transportation chair seeks emergency money for roads, bridges
- Irby commits suicide after wife's prison release
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Challenging times ahead for Pearl’s manufactured home residents, apartment complex owners
- 3 dozen groups OK'd for Miss. specialty car tags