Shappley joins First Bank
by MBJ Staff
Published: May 20,2012
John M. Shappley has joined First Bank as executive vice president and chief credit officer. Shappley began his banking career in 1992 with Deposit Guaranty and has advanced his career at several Mississippi banks. While at The First Bancshares Inc., he was executive vice president/chief credit officer and regional president. At Wachovia Bank (now Wells Fargo), he was market president of Central Mississippi.
Shappley holds a RRA in finance from Mississippi State University and is a graduate of Graduate School of Banking at Louisiana State University.
He has served in advisory positions with the MSU School of Business and Industry and as national director of the MSU Alumni Association.
He participated in Leadership Mississippi, and has served on a number of advisory and charitable boards and committees in South Mississippi.
Shappley and his wife, T.J., have two children, Will and Caroline.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- Former Godwin CEO Danny Mitchell dies at 66
- Northrop Grumman lands $354M Air Force contract for Global Hawks
- MDOT: Work on I-269 is on schedule, several phases at halfway point
- More school districts join MAEP lawsuit brought by Musgrove
- Thousands of acres of Delta farmland to go on auction block
- BLAKE WILSON: Danny Mitchell was a remarkable business leader, a better friend
- Court tosses challenge to Miss. Silicon’s clean air permit
- S&P: State in top 10 in U.S. in sales tax dependency