Shappley joins First Bank
by MBJ Staff
Published: May 20,2012
John M. Shappley has joined First Bank as executive vice president and chief credit officer. Shappley began his banking career in 1992 with Deposit Guaranty and has advanced his career at several Mississippi banks. While at The First Bancshares Inc., he was executive vice president/chief credit officer and regional president. At Wachovia Bank (now Wells Fargo), he was market president of Central Mississippi.
Shappley holds a RRA in finance from Mississippi State University and is a graduate of Graduate School of Banking at Louisiana State University.
He has served in advisory positions with the MSU School of Business and Industry and as national director of the MSU Alumni Association.
He participated in Leadership Mississippi, and has served on a number of advisory and charitable boards and committees in South Mississippi.
Shappley and his wife, T.J., have two children, Will and Caroline.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: Mr. McDaniel goes to Washington
- Moon River Foods creating 100 jobs in Mississippi Delta
- Judge to hear from True the Vote as McDaniel attempts to overturn loss to Cochran
- Google chooses Mad Genius as example of Internet use
- Weyerhaeuser investing $57M to modernize lumber mill
- Two BancorpSouth mergers delayed by federal inquiries
- Health officials identify another case of chikungunya virus
- Biloxi council approves $29M contract for baseball stadium construction
- Wasted away — Margaritaville in Biloxi to close by Sept. 19
- Cochran continues to question EPA over new regulations