Shappley joins First Bank
by MBJ Staff
Published: May 20,2012
John M. Shappley has joined First Bank as executive vice president and chief credit officer. Shappley began his banking career in 1992 with Deposit Guaranty and has advanced his career at several Mississippi banks. While at The First Bancshares Inc., he was executive vice president/chief credit officer and regional president. At Wachovia Bank (now Wells Fargo), he was market president of Central Mississippi.
Shappley holds a RRA in finance from Mississippi State University and is a graduate of Graduate School of Banking at Louisiana State University.
He has served in advisory positions with the MSU School of Business and Industry and as national director of the MSU Alumni Association.
He participated in Leadership Mississippi, and has served on a number of advisory and charitable boards and committees in South Mississippi.
Shappley and his wife, T.J., have two children, Will and Caroline.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- TVA president/CEO Johnson tours Techumseh, Yokohama plants
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Tallahatchie General’s listing on auditor’s ‘watchline’ an image set back, CEO says
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- Ex-city worker arrested on false pretense charge
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects