by MBJ Staff
Published: May 20,2012
Gabriella Szatmary, M.D., Ph.D., a physician in Hattiesburg Clinic’s neurology department, was recently recertified in neurology by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology Inc. Szatmary currently practices general neurology, neuro-ophthalmology and neuroimaging of the brain and spine. Her experience includes postgraduate training in ophthalmology, internal medicine and neurology residencies, as well as a fellowship in neuro-ophthalmology and neuroimaging. In addition, she has participated and assisted in medical research at facilities such as the First Institute of Pathology and Experimental Cancer Research in Budapest, Hungary, State University of New York at Buffalo in Buffalo, N.Y. and Emory University School of Medicine in Atlanta, Ga. She has also been recognized and published in several books, magazines and medical reference journals.
Szatmary earned her medical degree from Semmelweis Medical School in Hungary and holds a doctorate on role of functional MRI in neuro-ophthalmology from Semmelweis University Clinical Medicine Doctoral School in Hungary. She is also board-certified by the American Board of Medical Specialties in Neuroimaging and Hungarian Board of Neurology.
Szatmary holds several professional memberships including the American Academy of Neurology, North American Neuro-Ophthalmology Society, European Neuro-Ophthalmology Society and is the founder of Hungarian Ophthalmology Society’s neuro-ophthalmology section. Additionally, she serves as president of the first European Neuro-Ophthalmology update course and is a board member of the American Society of Neuroimaging.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- George Flaggs regrets repayment flaw in lending law
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- Mississippi judge dismisses lawsuit seeking to overturn Sen. Cochran's GOP primary win
- Chefs John Folse and Rick Tramonto are dotting every ‘i’ and crossing every ‘t’ in the development of Seafood R’evolution, which is set to open in November
- Bryant issues executive order to establish Delta water task force
- PEDIGREE dog food recalled; might contain metal fragments