by MBJ Staff
Published: May 20,2012
Gabriella Szatmary, M.D., Ph.D., a physician in Hattiesburg Clinic’s neurology department, was recently recertified in neurology by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology Inc. Szatmary currently practices general neurology, neuro-ophthalmology and neuroimaging of the brain and spine. Her experience includes postgraduate training in ophthalmology, internal medicine and neurology residencies, as well as a fellowship in neuro-ophthalmology and neuroimaging. In addition, she has participated and assisted in medical research at facilities such as the First Institute of Pathology and Experimental Cancer Research in Budapest, Hungary, State University of New York at Buffalo in Buffalo, N.Y. and Emory University School of Medicine in Atlanta, Ga. She has also been recognized and published in several books, magazines and medical reference journals.
Szatmary earned her medical degree from Semmelweis Medical School in Hungary and holds a doctorate on role of functional MRI in neuro-ophthalmology from Semmelweis University Clinical Medicine Doctoral School in Hungary. She is also board-certified by the American Board of Medical Specialties in Neuroimaging and Hungarian Board of Neurology.
Szatmary holds several professional memberships including the American Academy of Neurology, North American Neuro-Ophthalmology Society, European Neuro-Ophthalmology Society and is the founder of Hungarian Ophthalmology Society’s neuro-ophthalmology section. Additionally, she serves as president of the first European Neuro-Ophthalmology update course and is a board member of the American Society of Neuroimaging.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Alumni-couple donate $12.3M to Mississippi State
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- MAN OF STEEL: Madhu Ranade leading Severstal Columbus
- Town given Obamacare insurance break, but faces additional costs in 2015
- TRIP releases report on state's crumbling roads, bridges
- Butler Snow Advisory Services adds Jimmy Bailey
- Expert on airlines predicts Jackson-Evers will keep remaining carriers
- MDA to lead delegation on mission to Europe
- C Spire launches next phase of 1-gig service rollout
- Public meeting called to mull future of convention center