Walters to receive award
by MBJ Staff
Published: May 20,2012
A member of Mississippi State University’s chemical engineering faculty will be honored this summer by a national engineering education organization. Keisha B. Walters, an associate professor, will receive the Raymond W. Fahien Award from the American Society for Engineering Education’s Chemical Engineering Division at its June conference in San Antonio, Texas. The award is given annually to recognize early-career faculty who have shown evidence of vision and contribution to education in the field.
Since joining the Mississippi State faculty in 2005, Walters has earned numerous awards for innovative teaching and devotion to her students, including being named to the Bagley College of Engineering’s Academy of Distinguished Teachers and earning a StatePride Faculty Award from the university. She has been selected to participate in the National Academy of Engineering Frontiers of Engineering Education symposium and is a noted author within ASEE.
Beyond earning recognition from national organizations and her peers, Walters’ outreach and classroom activities have captured the attention of her students who, in evaluations, have commented on her obvious passion for teaching and ability to motivate them to be better engineers.
Walters holds doctoral and master’s degrees in chemical engineering, and a bachelor’s in biological sciences, all from Clemson University.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS — Roger Wicker: Profile in discouragement
- ANITA MODAK-TRURAN — Mississippi’s motion picture renaissance
- Jackson’s Landmark Center slated for mixed-use conversion
- BILL CRAWFORD — More jobs, but fewer with jobs, huh?
- Despite obstacles, craft beer industry growing
- Miss. children's hospital plans $150 million expansion
- Finding your flexible space — Regus banks on high demand for customizable work spaces
- State's ventures into alt-fuel markets net few jobs
- Tommy Robertson indicted on five counts of embezzlement