Walters to receive award
by MBJ Staff
Published: May 20,2012
A member of Mississippi State University’s chemical engineering faculty will be honored this summer by a national engineering education organization. Keisha B. Walters, an associate professor, will receive the Raymond W. Fahien Award from the American Society for Engineering Education’s Chemical Engineering Division at its June conference in San Antonio, Texas. The award is given annually to recognize early-career faculty who have shown evidence of vision and contribution to education in the field.
Since joining the Mississippi State faculty in 2005, Walters has earned numerous awards for innovative teaching and devotion to her students, including being named to the Bagley College of Engineering’s Academy of Distinguished Teachers and earning a StatePride Faculty Award from the university. She has been selected to participate in the National Academy of Engineering Frontiers of Engineering Education symposium and is a noted author within ASEE.
Beyond earning recognition from national organizations and her peers, Walters’ outreach and classroom activities have captured the attention of her students who, in evaluations, have commented on her obvious passion for teaching and ability to motivate them to be better engineers.
Walters holds doctoral and master’s degrees in chemical engineering, and a bachelor’s in biological sciences, all from Clemson University.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Jail kitchen supervisor pleads guilty to stealing food
- Warden who lives hundreds of miles from jail resigns
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Top 10 finalists chosen for C Spire Conerly Trophy
- A BIG CHANGE: New mortgage rules seen bringing increase in pricey mobile home loans
- State’s new banking chief Charlotte Corley has deep roots in the business
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- DAVID DALLAS: Savor this Thanksgiving and be grateful
- BankPlus recognized for alternative program to payday lending