Authority to showcase airport improvements at open house
Published: May 21,2012
MERIDIAN — The Meridian Airport Authority plans an open house tomorrow to highlight improvements at the local airport.
The Meridian Star reports work included a new hangar at Dean Aircraft and renovations at Meridian Aviation and the airport terminal.
Tomorrow’s event begins with a dedication ceremony at the terminal building. A display area will explain the renovation project along with other projects under construction or proposed on airport property. Shuttles will take visitors to Dean Aircraft and Meridian Aviation.
Renovation of the terminal included expansion of both the public and the secure waiting areas and interior improvements.
The new hangar and maintenance support facility at Dean Aircraft has space for 6-to-12 planes at a time, depending on size.
Work at Meridian Aviation, the airport’s fixed base operator, included several upgrades.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi
- McCarthy hired as CFO of Mississippi Development Authority
- State GOP chairman calls on McDaniel to hurry with challenge
- Fair cabins becoming more valuable, sources say
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Tyler Raborn finds success and fulfillment with Raborn Media
- Guns OK inside Mississippi polling places, attorney general says
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Supreme Court deals blow to McDaniel's election challenge
- Under state probe, All American Check Cashing gets ‘F’ rating from Better Business Bureau