Authority to showcase airport improvements at open house
Published: May 21,2012
MERIDIAN — The Meridian Airport Authority plans an open house tomorrow to highlight improvements at the local airport.
The Meridian Star reports work included a new hangar at Dean Aircraft and renovations at Meridian Aviation and the airport terminal.
Tomorrow’s event begins with a dedication ceremony at the terminal building. A display area will explain the renovation project along with other projects under construction or proposed on airport property. Shuttles will take visitors to Dean Aircraft and Meridian Aviation.
Renovation of the terminal included expansion of both the public and the secure waiting areas and interior improvements.
The new hangar and maintenance support facility at Dean Aircraft has space for 6-to-12 planes at a time, depending on size.
Work at Meridian Aviation, the airport’s fixed base operator, included several upgrades.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- 'Blue Economy' important for Mississippi's future
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring
- WILLOUGHBY: Mayo Flynt leads AT&T Mississippi by enjoying both work and workers
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option