Authority to showcase airport improvements at open house
by Associated Press
Published: May 21,2012
MERIDIAN — The Meridian Airport Authority plans an open house tomorrow to highlight improvements at the local airport.
The Meridian Star reports work included a new hangar at Dean Aircraft and renovations at Meridian Aviation and the airport terminal.
Tomorrow’s event begins with a dedication ceremony at the terminal building. A display area will explain the renovation project along with other projects under construction or proposed on airport property. Shuttles will take visitors to Dean Aircraft and Meridian Aviation.
Renovation of the terminal included expansion of both the public and the secure waiting areas and interior improvements.
The new hangar and maintenance support facility at Dean Aircraft has space for 6-to-12 planes at a time, depending on size.
Work at Meridian Aviation, the airport’s fixed base operator, included several upgrades.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Omega Protein shifting vessels to Mississippi
- PSC unanimously rejects Entergy-ITC proposed merger
- Bankrupt Simply Wheelz chooses prevailing bidder for assets
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- Company mulling plan to build new pipeline
- CARTOON — Nobile illustrates Thad Cochran's most significant advantage over the competition
- Conservator: Schools had too many employees
- Judge denies ex-mayor's motion to vacate Katrina-related conviction
- Wiseman retiring after nearly 30 years with Stennis Institute