Authority to showcase airport improvements at open house
Published: May 21,2012
MERIDIAN — The Meridian Airport Authority plans an open house tomorrow to highlight improvements at the local airport.
The Meridian Star reports work included a new hangar at Dean Aircraft and renovations at Meridian Aviation and the airport terminal.
Tomorrow’s event begins with a dedication ceremony at the terminal building. A display area will explain the renovation project along with other projects under construction or proposed on airport property. Shuttles will take visitors to Dean Aircraft and Meridian Aviation.
Renovation of the terminal included expansion of both the public and the secure waiting areas and interior improvements.
The new hangar and maintenance support facility at Dean Aircraft has space for 6-to-12 planes at a time, depending on size.
Work at Meridian Aviation, the airport’s fixed base operator, included several upgrades.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Silver Airways ordered to continue service
- Seafood R’evolution set to make Mississippi ‘the new culinary epicenter of the South’
- Bryant signs controversial abortion ban bill
- Two Delta groups getting economic development funding
- Pharma Pac lays off rest of workers; could end up owing state
- Plans unveiled for large shooting range on Coast
- Soybean yield more than doubles in less than a decade
- Ole Miss launches commitment to be 'climate neutral'
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015
- Yarber could be sworn in today as new Jackson mayor