Authority to showcase airport improvements at open house
Published: May 21,2012
MERIDIAN — The Meridian Airport Authority plans an open house tomorrow to highlight improvements at the local airport.
The Meridian Star reports work included a new hangar at Dean Aircraft and renovations at Meridian Aviation and the airport terminal.
Tomorrow’s event begins with a dedication ceremony at the terminal building. A display area will explain the renovation project along with other projects under construction or proposed on airport property. Shuttles will take visitors to Dean Aircraft and Meridian Aviation.
Renovation of the terminal included expansion of both the public and the secure waiting areas and interior improvements.
The new hangar and maintenance support facility at Dean Aircraft has space for 6-to-12 planes at a time, depending on size.
Work at Meridian Aviation, the airport’s fixed base operator, included several upgrades.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: Mr. McDaniel goes to Washington
- Moon River Foods creating 100 jobs in Mississippi Delta
- Judge to hear from True the Vote as McDaniel attempts to overturn loss to Cochran
- Google chooses Mad Genius as example of Internet use
- Weyerhaeuser investing $57M to modernize lumber mill
- Two BancorpSouth mergers delayed by federal inquiries
- Health officials identify another case of chikungunya virus
- Biloxi council approves $29M contract for baseball stadium construction
- Cochran continues to question EPA over new regulations
- Wasted away — Margaritaville in Biloxi to close by Sept. 19