Gagnon named new president/CEO of Pearl River Resort
Published: May 21,2012
Tags: Conventions, entertainment, executive, executive management, executive team, food, gambling, gaming, hospitality, hotels, indians, lodging, meetings, Native Americans, nightlife, restaurants, tourism, tourists, vacationers, vacationing, vacations, visitors
CHOCTAW — Holly Gagnon has been selected president and CEO of the Mississippi Band of Choctaw Indians’ Pearl River Resort.
Gagnon’s most recent roles were vice president of finance/planning and analysis for Caesars Entertainment and lecturer at the Isenberg School of Management at the University of Massachusetts. Gagnon is also a certified public accountant (CPA).
Chief Phyliss J. Anderson, Tribal Chief of the Mississippi Band of Choctaw Indians, noted the Choctaw Resort Development Enterprise (CRDE board placed a very high priority on making changes and improvements to the gaming, hospitality and guest services at the Resort. Gagnon’s gaming management experience and performance made her the clear choice for the job.
Gagnon will be responsible for day-to-day operations of all Resort properties including the Silver Star Hotel and Casino, Golden Moon Hotel and Casino, Bok Homa Casino, Dancing Rabbit Golf Club and Geyser Falls Water Theme Park.
Gagnon previously served as president of Gold Strike Casino Resort for MGM Mirage; Tunica Regional vice president, finance, Harrah’s Entertainment; assistant general manager, Harrah’s Entertainment; and vice president of finance North Kansas City, Harrah’s Entertainment. She was also on the opening team for Foxwoods Casino, where she held senior leadership positions in finance and information technology.
Gagnon will take over the reins of the Resort June 1.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- Turner Grain’s transition will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- MDOT cutting more than 40 jobs in Right-of-Way Division
- Granddaughter of Barq's Root Beer founder dies at 90
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- Board authorizes sale of company that owns Silver Slipper Casino
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field