Gagnon named new president/CEO of Pearl River Resort
Published: May 21,2012
Tags: Conventions, entertainment, executive, executive management, executive team, food, gambling, gaming, hospitality, hotels, indians, lodging, meetings, Native Americans, nightlife, restaurants, tourism, tourists, vacationers, vacationing, vacations, visitors
CHOCTAW — Holly Gagnon has been selected president and CEO of the Mississippi Band of Choctaw Indians’ Pearl River Resort.
Gagnon’s most recent roles were vice president of finance/planning and analysis for Caesars Entertainment and lecturer at the Isenberg School of Management at the University of Massachusetts. Gagnon is also a certified public accountant (CPA).
Chief Phyliss J. Anderson, Tribal Chief of the Mississippi Band of Choctaw Indians, noted the Choctaw Resort Development Enterprise (CRDE board placed a very high priority on making changes and improvements to the gaming, hospitality and guest services at the Resort. Gagnon’s gaming management experience and performance made her the clear choice for the job.
Gagnon will be responsible for day-to-day operations of all Resort properties including the Silver Star Hotel and Casino, Golden Moon Hotel and Casino, Bok Homa Casino, Dancing Rabbit Golf Club and Geyser Falls Water Theme Park.
Gagnon previously served as president of Gold Strike Casino Resort for MGM Mirage; Tunica Regional vice president, finance, Harrah’s Entertainment; assistant general manager, Harrah’s Entertainment; and vice president of finance North Kansas City, Harrah’s Entertainment. She was also on the opening team for Foxwoods Casino, where she held senior leadership positions in finance and information technology.
Gagnon will take over the reins of the Resort June 1.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- BILL CRAWFORD: Dan Jones not the angel he is portrayed to be
- JOSH MABUS: Bill Murray and business misfits
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Analysis: Closed meetings can feed false public impressions
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Bill would use casino taxes for bridges, little for tourism
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- Statue depicts famous duel that originated 'Bowie knife'