UMMC unveil plans to build new $35M research facility
by Associated Press
Published: May 21,2012
JACKSON — University of Mississippi Medical Center officials say a new research building will include space for startup biotechnology companies.
UMMC officials say construction could start in January 2013 at cost of $35 million for the eight-story shell of the Cancer and Biomedical Science Research Center. They say $20 million in funding comes through the National Institute of Standards and Technology.
UMMC plans to finish the ground-, first- and second-floor interiors of the 220,000-square-foot building.
That work should take about 18 months. Contractors would complete additional floors as funds become available.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- TVA president/CEO Johnson tours Techumseh, Yokohama plants
- Sawtimber, pulpwood markets improving, but challenges remain
- News The Way You Want It!