UMMC unveil plans to build new $35M research facility
by Associated Press
Published: May 21,2012
JACKSON — University of Mississippi Medical Center officials say a new research building will include space for startup biotechnology companies.
UMMC officials say construction could start in January 2013 at cost of $35 million for the eight-story shell of the Cancer and Biomedical Science Research Center. They say $20 million in funding comes through the National Institute of Standards and Technology.
UMMC plans to finish the ground-, first- and second-floor interiors of the 220,000-square-foot building.
That work should take about 18 months. Contractors would complete additional floors as funds become available.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Palmertree blocked from using public funds for legal defense
- Two companies fined for violations of 'No-Call' law
- Report: Mississippi only state to see drop in home prices
- District at Eastover takes shape with financing in place, tenant signings under way
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- John Ferrucci'a perfect voice is perfect for the Silver Slipper Casino
- City suing Hercules for pollution at shuttered plant site
- Pickering collects more money from failed beef plant project
- Ex-Democrat Taylor cleared to run in primary as Republican
- Rankin chosen as new president of Alcorn State