UMMC unveil plans to build new $35M research facility
Published: May 21,2012
JACKSON — University of Mississippi Medical Center officials say a new research building will include space for startup biotechnology companies.
UMMC officials say construction could start in January 2013 at cost of $35 million for the eight-story shell of the Cancer and Biomedical Science Research Center. They say $20 million in funding comes through the National Institute of Standards and Technology.
UMMC plans to finish the ground-, first- and second-floor interiors of the 220,000-square-foot building.
That work should take about 18 months. Contractors would complete additional floors as funds become available.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- MDOT cutting more than 40 jobs in Right-of-Way Division
- Granddaughter of Barq's Root Beer founder dies at 90
- Turner Grain’s transition will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- Board authorizes sale of company that owns Silver Slipper Casino
- JRA plans image makeover, hires crisis manager