UMMC unveil plans to build new $35M research facility
Published: May 21,2012
JACKSON — University of Mississippi Medical Center officials say a new research building will include space for startup biotechnology companies.
UMMC officials say construction could start in January 2013 at cost of $35 million for the eight-story shell of the Cancer and Biomedical Science Research Center. They say $20 million in funding comes through the National Institute of Standards and Technology.
UMMC plans to finish the ground-, first- and second-floor interiors of the 220,000-square-foot building.
That work should take about 18 months. Contractors would complete additional floors as funds become available.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Oxford’s FNC getting new headquarters
- Judge intends to rule on McDaniel's challenge before general election
- QUIRKY? NO, JERKY — Whatever your craving, Beef Jerky Outlets likely has the flavor among 200+ choices
- (UPDATE) I-20 partially closed as vehicle carrying hazardous materials burns
- Coast family wins $644K in tideland lawsuit against state
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- State’s MAGIC accounting system works, albeit with glitches
- Corps official: River needs larger ports, locks and dams
- C Spire, UM installing Wi-Fi network at Vaught-Hemingway Stadium