UMMC unveil plans to build new $35M research facility
Published: May 21,2012
JACKSON — University of Mississippi Medical Center officials say a new research building will include space for startup biotechnology companies.
UMMC officials say construction could start in January 2013 at cost of $35 million for the eight-story shell of the Cancer and Biomedical Science Research Center. They say $20 million in funding comes through the National Institute of Standards and Technology.
UMMC plans to finish the ground-, first- and second-floor interiors of the 220,000-square-foot building.
That work should take about 18 months. Contractors would complete additional floors as funds become available.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Silver Airways ordered to continue service
- Seafood R’evolution set to make Mississippi ‘the new culinary epicenter of the South’
- Bryant signs controversial abortion ban bill
- Soybean yield more than doubles in less than a decade
- Pharma Pac lays off rest of workers; could end up owing state
- Plans unveiled for large shooting range on Coast
- Two Delta groups getting economic development funding
- Ole Miss launches commitment to be 'climate neutral'
- Yarber could be sworn in today as new Jackson mayor
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015