Millsaps gets $1M gift from parents of recent graduates
by MBJ Staff
Published: May 22,2012
JACKSON — Millsaps College has received an anonymous $1 million endowment gift from the parents of a class of 2012 graduate.
Dr. Robert W. Pearigen, president of Millsaps. “The gift was made by parents in honor of the professors and mentors who have changed their child’s life forever and in appreciation of the inspiring experiences that mark a Millsaps education.
“This gift reminds us of the privilege and joy we have as educators in helping transform the hearts and minds of our students, even as our students shape our own hearts and minds. It also reminds us of the sacred trust that families place in us.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Click Boutique revives Hattiesburg downtown retail district
- LNG facility hoping to begin exporting natural gas
- Doctor's murder-for-hire case postponed, mental evaluation pending
- ACLU could sue over state's new school prayer law
- District at Eastover construction to start later this year
- Hatchery releases largemouth bass fingerlings in three rivers
- Bill exempting small farms from fuel storage regs passes Senate
- Mayor wants 'trial run' of hotel/restaurant tax next month