Millsaps gets $1M gift from parents of recent graduates
by MBJ Staff
Published: May 22,2012
JACKSON — Millsaps College has received an anonymous $1 million endowment gift from the parents of a class of 2012 graduate.
Dr. Robert W. Pearigen, president of Millsaps. “The gift was made by parents in honor of the professors and mentors who have changed their child’s life forever and in appreciation of the inspiring experiences that mark a Millsaps education.
“This gift reminds us of the privilege and joy we have as educators in helping transform the hearts and minds of our students, even as our students shape our own hearts and minds. It also reminds us of the sacred trust that families place in us.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- MDOT cutting more than 40 jobs in Right-of-Way Division
- Granddaughter of Barq's Root Beer founder dies at 90
- Turner Grain’s transition will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- Board authorizes sale of company that owns Silver Slipper Casino
- JRA plans image makeover, hires crisis manager