Millsaps gets $1M gift from parents of recent graduates
by MBJ Staff
Published: May 22,2012
JACKSON — Millsaps College has received an anonymous $1 million endowment gift from the parents of a class of 2012 graduate.
Dr. Robert W. Pearigen, president of Millsaps. “The gift was made by parents in honor of the professors and mentors who have changed their child’s life forever and in appreciation of the inspiring experiences that mark a Millsaps education.
“This gift reminds us of the privilege and joy we have as educators in helping transform the hearts and minds of our students, even as our students shape our own hearts and minds. It also reminds us of the sacred trust that families place in us.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Spivey named Under 40 Business Person of the Year by the Mississippi Business Journal
- Bids on reworking Interstate 55 stretch are rejected
- JACK WEATHERLY: Finding a house, defending a neighborhood, finding a voice
- Terminal upgrade on indefinite hold at Jackson International Airport
- JACK WEATHERLY: Economic development in these parts is a ‘family’ business
- Report ranks state schools' performance 51st in the nation
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- CFPB wants repay ability at center of new payday loan rules
- Hosemann to launch crowd funding program