SemiSouth Laboratories earns 30th U.S. patent
by MBJ Staff
Published: May 22,2012
STARKVILLE — SemiSouth Laboratories Inc. has earned its 30th U.S. patent from the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.
U.S. patent 8,169,022 was issued May 1 titled “Vertical Junction Field Effect Transistors and Diodes Having Graded Doped Regions and Methods of Making.” It was co-invented by Dr. Michael Mazzola, a co-founder of SemiSouth in 2000 when the company spun off of Mississippi State University.
In addition to 30 U.S. patents, SemiSouth, a designer and manufacturer silicon-carbide (SiC) power semiconductor transistors and diodes, possesses 24 patents internationally and has 204 applications pending worldwide.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Barbour to lead Butler Snow economic development firm
- Kemper plant employee gag order continued
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- Delta State conference brings renowned speakers
- (UPDATE) Judge rules on Google request on attorney general inquiry
- The leadership styles of President Obama
- Digital Editions - magazines
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game