SemiSouth Laboratories earns 30th U.S. patent
by MBJ Staff
Published: May 22,2012
STARKVILLE — SemiSouth Laboratories Inc. has earned its 30th U.S. patent from the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.
U.S. patent 8,169,022 was issued May 1 titled “Vertical Junction Field Effect Transistors and Diodes Having Graded Doped Regions and Methods of Making.” It was co-invented by Dr. Michael Mazzola, a co-founder of SemiSouth in 2000 when the company spun off of Mississippi State University.
In addition to 30 U.S. patents, SemiSouth, a designer and manufacturer silicon-carbide (SiC) power semiconductor transistors and diodes, possesses 24 patents internationally and has 204 applications pending worldwide.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- MDOT cutting more than 40 jobs in Right-of-Way Division
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Turner Grain’s transition will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Granddaughter of Barq's Root Beer founder dies at 90
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- Board authorizes sale of company that owns Silver Slipper Casino
- JRA plans image makeover, hires crisis manager