SemiSouth Laboratories earns 30th U.S. patent
by MBJ Staff
Published: May 22,2012
STARKVILLE — SemiSouth Laboratories Inc. has earned its 30th U.S. patent from the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.
U.S. patent 8,169,022 was issued May 1 titled “Vertical Junction Field Effect Transistors and Diodes Having Graded Doped Regions and Methods of Making.” It was co-invented by Dr. Michael Mazzola, a co-founder of SemiSouth in 2000 when the company spun off of Mississippi State University.
In addition to 30 U.S. patents, SemiSouth, a designer and manufacturer silicon-carbide (SiC) power semiconductor transistors and diodes, possesses 24 patents internationally and has 204 applications pending worldwide.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- School superintendent terminated after party funds, travel questions
- Telepak strikes another branding deal with C Spire
- Airline announces new service at Oxford
- C Spire launches new WiFi On app for Android-powered phones
- South's oldest casino to reopen as Golden Nugget
- At age 17, ‘the flagpole kid’ is already a business success story
- Accounting firm finds problems at troubled MDMR
- Doctor appeals Medicaid, Medicare fraud conviction
- Hosemann recruiting Realtors to market tax-forfeited property