Virginia College moving into former Brookshire’s big box
by MBJ Staff
Published: May 22,2012
JACKSON — Virginia College in Jackson is moving into a larger 65,000=square-foot facility located at 5841 Ridgewood Road
Virginia College president Milton Anderson and Education Corporation of America CEO Tom Moore made the announcement at a news conference at the college’s current location. A rendering of the new campus was unveiled following their remarks.
The private institution of higher education reports it has outgrown its 50,200-square-foot campus located at 4795 Interstate 55 North.
The new campus represents an investment of $5.1 million in construction, furniture, equipment and signage costs and will be located in a building that was formerly occupied by Brookshire’s Grocery.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mississippi no longer has highest unemployment rate in nation
- Grain buyer’s bankruptcy could take steep toll on Delta farmers
- McDaniel cites Gunn's challenge in his attempt to overturn loss to Cochran
- Mad Genius, Eyevox owner acquires Mississippi Film Studios
- UPDATE — David Watkins says JRA left him in dark about HUD's Farish St. involvement
- Payday lender, fired executive exchanging blame for lender’s regulatory woes
- HCC works deal with MSU Extension Service for land to expand
- Once the bane of only Southerners, kudzu is migrating north and west
- Report: Mississippi has worst child poverty rate in U.S.