Shrimp season opening date set for May 30
by MBJ Staff
Published: May 23,2012
GULF OF MEXICO — The Mississippi Department of Marine Resources (MDMR) has set the opening date of the 2012-2013 shrimp season in Mississippi territorial waters for 6 a.m., May 30.
Shrimp season will close at midnight, Dec. 31, except south of the Intracoastal Waterway.
In addition, all state waters shall close to shrimping activities, except live bait shrimping, at midnight, April 13, 2013.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Judge gets more time to fight efforts to remove him from office
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- Coast cleanup nets 1,600 bags of trash — and a watermelon patch
- State's bad bridges continue to raise concerns among officials
- Number of visitors to Natchez Trace makes big jump
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Andrew Adams helps grow Addicus
- Epidemiologist: State's hospitals can identify, isolate Ebola cases
- C Spire wins national award, cash prize for marketing analytics