Shrimp season opening date set for May 30
by MBJ Staff
Published: May 23,2012
GULF OF MEXICO — The Mississippi Department of Marine Resources (MDMR) has set the opening date of the 2012-2013 shrimp season in Mississippi territorial waters for 6 a.m., May 30.
Shrimp season will close at midnight, Dec. 31, except south of the Intracoastal Waterway.
In addition, all state waters shall close to shrimping activities, except live bait shrimping, at midnight, April 13, 2013.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Canadian company purchasing Southern Lumber for nearly $50M
- Winchester lands $50M ammunition contract from Homeland Security
- Lawmakers question education leaders about escalating administrative costs
- Deer processors need to use caution to insure safe, tasty venison
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- C Spire completes acquisition of MegaGate Broadband
- Peavey Electronics reorganizing under new globalization plan
- Jackson’s Landmark Center slated for mixed-use conversion
- Ex-circuit clerk Palmertree gets 10 years for embezzlement
- 50 Leading Business Women in Mississippi (digital magazine)