Shrimp season opening date set for May 30
by MBJ Staff
Published: May 23,2012
GULF OF MEXICO — The Mississippi Department of Marine Resources (MDMR) has set the opening date of the 2012-2013 shrimp season in Mississippi territorial waters for 6 a.m., May 30.
Shrimp season will close at midnight, Dec. 31, except south of the Intracoastal Waterway.
In addition, all state waters shall close to shrimping activities, except live bait shrimping, at midnight, April 13, 2013.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- Woman found guilty of murder in buttocks injection case
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- MBJ Special report: MDA numbers help with cities’ retail pitches
- Mississippi judge dismisses lawsuit seeking to overturn Sen. Cochran's GOP primary win