Shrimp season opening date set for May 30
by MBJ Staff
Published: May 23,2012
GULF OF MEXICO — The Mississippi Department of Marine Resources (MDMR) has set the opening date of the 2012-2013 shrimp season in Mississippi territorial waters for 6 a.m., May 30.
Shrimp season will close at midnight, Dec. 31, except south of the Intracoastal Waterway.
In addition, all state waters shall close to shrimping activities, except live bait shrimping, at midnight, April 13, 2013.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Gulf oil rig explosion kills one worker, injures three
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Six out of eight universities could have higher tuitions in 2015
- Humana and Bill, Hillary and Chelsea Clinton Foundation partnering
- Federal appeals court: State's abortion law is unconstitutional
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Can Metrocenter rise from the ashes? Again
- Former MDEQ Executive Director Trudy Fisher joins Butler Snow