Baseball stadium/entertainment venue proposed at State Port
Published: May 24,2012
GULFPORT — A family entertainment venue that would include a baseball stadium, theater, bowling alley, restaurants and shops is being proposed for the state port in Gulfport.
The Sun Herald reports Tim Bennett, a partner in relocating the Atlanta Braves AA Mississippi Braves team to Pearl, has been looking for eight years for the right Coast location for a baseball stadium.
Many details must be worked out, including an agreement with the state to build on port property. Bennett was not prepared yesterday to discuss an exact location or whether the development would be a public-private partnership.
The newspaper reports the complex would be somewhere on the northern portion of the property located off U.S. 90 next to the newly renovated city harbor.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- Dak Prescott's autograph fetches a pretty penny
- Gulf oil and gas leases to go up for sale in March
- Farm theft investigation recovers $200K in stolen equipment
- Grand juries charge seven with election violations
- Butler Snow names Crockoft new office director
- NCCI petitioning for workers' comp rate decrease
- Airport gets grant to support seasonal service from Sun Country
- Student body presidents pushing for on-time graduation