Baseball stadium/entertainment venue proposed at State Port
Published: May 24,2012
GULFPORT — A family entertainment venue that would include a baseball stadium, theater, bowling alley, restaurants and shops is being proposed for the state port in Gulfport.
The Sun Herald reports Tim Bennett, a partner in relocating the Atlanta Braves AA Mississippi Braves team to Pearl, has been looking for eight years for the right Coast location for a baseball stadium.
Many details must be worked out, including an agreement with the state to build on port property. Bennett was not prepared yesterday to discuss an exact location or whether the development would be a public-private partnership.
The newspaper reports the complex would be somewhere on the northern portion of the property located off U.S. 90 next to the newly renovated city harbor.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Woman found guilty of murder in buttocks injection case
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- MBJ Special report: MDA numbers help with cities’ retail pitches
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- COO of TL Wallace Construction keeps eye on revenue growth and profits