Baseball stadium/entertainment venue proposed at State Port
Published: May 24,2012
GULFPORT — A family entertainment venue that would include a baseball stadium, theater, bowling alley, restaurants and shops is being proposed for the state port in Gulfport.
The Sun Herald reports Tim Bennett, a partner in relocating the Atlanta Braves AA Mississippi Braves team to Pearl, has been looking for eight years for the right Coast location for a baseball stadium.
Many details must be worked out, including an agreement with the state to build on port property. Bennett was not prepared yesterday to discuss an exact location or whether the development would be a public-private partnership.
The newspaper reports the complex would be somewhere on the northern portion of the property located off U.S. 90 next to the newly renovated city harbor.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Host families prepare for Mississippi Braves’ season
- PHIL HARDWICK: When will Mississippi change its culture?
- Ridgeland property rights tussle is expected to have wide impact
- JOSH MABUS — Mississippi’s Healthcare: Not a quality problem, a marketing problem
- Mississippi takes an incentives licking, keeps on ticking
- Bill would open hospital meetings, expand records access
- (VIDEO) ALAN TURNER: Wilson says he’s ready for elected office
- Choctaws' new hospital nearing completion
- Mississippi furniture makers on rebound with more exports