Baseball stadium/entertainment venue proposed at State Port
Published: May 24,2012
GULFPORT — A family entertainment venue that would include a baseball stadium, theater, bowling alley, restaurants and shops is being proposed for the state port in Gulfport.
The Sun Herald reports Tim Bennett, a partner in relocating the Atlanta Braves AA Mississippi Braves team to Pearl, has been looking for eight years for the right Coast location for a baseball stadium.
Many details must be worked out, including an agreement with the state to build on port property. Bennett was not prepared yesterday to discuss an exact location or whether the development would be a public-private partnership.
The newspaper reports the complex would be somewhere on the northern portion of the property located off U.S. 90 next to the newly renovated city harbor.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Oxford’s FNC getting new headquarters
- Judge intends to rule on McDaniel's challenge before general election
- QUIRKY? NO, JERKY — Whatever your craving, Beef Jerky Outlets likely has the flavor among 200+ choices
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- (UPDATE) I-20 partially closed as vehicle carrying hazardous materials burns
- Coast family wins $644K in tideland lawsuit against state
- State’s MAGIC accounting system works, albeit with glitches
- Corps official: River needs larger ports, locks and dams
- C Spire, UM installing Wi-Fi network at Vaught-Hemingway Stadium