Topazi retiring as COO of Southern Company
by MBJ Staff
Published: May 25,2012
ATLANTA — Southern Company chairman, president and CEO Thomas A. Fanning has made public a number of changes within the company’s management team, effective July 1, including the replacement for Anthony Topazi.
According to Fanning, Mark A. Crosswhite will become executive vice president and COO for Southern Company. Crosswhite will assume the role vacated by Topazi, who has announced plans to retire.
Topazi is the former chief executive of Mississippi Power Co. He was named COO of Atlanta-based Southern Company in July 2010.
During his 42 years of service, Topazi has held a number of key leadership roles. In addition to CEO of Mississippi Power, he also served as vice president of Alabama Power’s western division.
“Throughout his career, Anthony’s unparalleled leadership and drive have led Southern Company and its subsidiaries through some of its greatest challenges,” said Fanning. “He has served as a voice for our customers, and his singular vision has had a far-reaching influence on the future success of our company and industry.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Mississippi judge dismisses lawsuit seeking to overturn Sen. Cochran's GOP primary win
- Judge expected to rule today on McDaniel's challenge of loss to Cochran
- Isle of Capri reports decreased in-state revenues; experiencing 'market pressures'
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- Circuit clerks question how to get records to McDaniel's trial
- Chefs John Folse and Rick Tramonto are dotting every ‘i’ and crossing every ‘t’ in the development of Seafood R’evolution, which is set to open in November