Bar to honor Roberts
Circuit Judge James L. Roberts Jr. of Pontotoc will be presented the Mississippi Bar’s Lifetime Achievement Award. The Lifetime Achievement Award is presented in recognition of devoted service to the public, profession and the administration of justice over the span of a professional career.
The award will be presented to Roberts during the 2012 Mississippi Bar Annual Meeting July 11-14 in Sandestin, Fla.
Roberts practiced law in Pontotoc from 1971 until 1984, when he was appointed commissioner of public safety from 1984 and served until 1988. Roberts was a chancery judge from 1988 to 1992 when he was appointed to the Mississippi Supreme Court. He left the court in 1999 to return to private practice. Roberts was appointed to the First Circuit Court District post in 2007.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- WILLOUGHBY: Mayo Flynt leads AT&T Mississippi by enjoying both work and workers
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring