Bar to honor Roberts
Circuit Judge James L. Roberts Jr. of Pontotoc will be presented the Mississippi Bar’s Lifetime Achievement Award. The Lifetime Achievement Award is presented in recognition of devoted service to the public, profession and the administration of justice over the span of a professional career.
The award will be presented to Roberts during the 2012 Mississippi Bar Annual Meeting July 11-14 in Sandestin, Fla.
Roberts practiced law in Pontotoc from 1971 until 1984, when he was appointed commissioner of public safety from 1984 and served until 1988. Roberts was a chancery judge from 1988 to 1992 when he was appointed to the Mississippi Supreme Court. He left the court in 1999 to return to private practice. Roberts was appointed to the First Circuit Court District post in 2007.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Hood clarifies opinion on open-carry gun law
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- Expert on airlines predicts Jackson-Evers will keep remaining carriers
- C Spire launches next phase of 1-gig service rollout
- Court to hear case involving alligators and ExxonMobil
- MAN OF STEEL: Madhu Ranade leading Severstal Columbus
- Alcorn's finances being investigated; CFO resigns
- Officials hand mayor projects list totaling $57.7M
- Public meeting called to mull future of convention center
- Town given Obamacare insurance break, but faces additional costs in 2015