Bar to honor Roberts
Circuit Judge James L. Roberts Jr. of Pontotoc will be presented the Mississippi Bar’s Lifetime Achievement Award. The Lifetime Achievement Award is presented in recognition of devoted service to the public, profession and the administration of justice over the span of a professional career.
The award will be presented to Roberts during the 2012 Mississippi Bar Annual Meeting July 11-14 in Sandestin, Fla.
Roberts practiced law in Pontotoc from 1971 until 1984, when he was appointed commissioner of public safety from 1984 and served until 1988. Roberts was a chancery judge from 1988 to 1992 when he was appointed to the Mississippi Supreme Court. He left the court in 1999 to return to private practice. Roberts was appointed to the First Circuit Court District post in 2007.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- MDOT cutting more than 40 jobs in Right-of-Way Division
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- Granddaughter of Barq's Root Beer founder dies at 90