Bar to honor Roberts
Circuit Judge James L. Roberts Jr. of Pontotoc will be presented the Mississippi Bar’s Lifetime Achievement Award. The Lifetime Achievement Award is presented in recognition of devoted service to the public, profession and the administration of justice over the span of a professional career.
The award will be presented to Roberts during the 2012 Mississippi Bar Annual Meeting July 11-14 in Sandestin, Fla.
Roberts practiced law in Pontotoc from 1971 until 1984, when he was appointed commissioner of public safety from 1984 and served until 1988. Roberts was a chancery judge from 1988 to 1992 when he was appointed to the Mississippi Supreme Court. He left the court in 1999 to return to private practice. Roberts was appointed to the First Circuit Court District post in 2007.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- MDOT: Work on I-269 is on schedule, several phases at halfway point
- Margaritaville owner files for bankruptcy before landlord hearing
- Delta Council says condition of Highway 6 'of crisis dimensions'
- City leaders vote against offering insurance to one adult, possibly same-sex partner
- Severstal completes the sale of Columbus plant to Steel Dynamics
- Another marker going up on Mississippi Country Music Trail
- Researchers fly drone into hurricane for the first time
- House votes for transfer of Yellow Creek Port land to state