Center recognizes Brown
by MBJ Staff
Published: May 27,2012
Alcorn State University president M. Christopher Brown II recently received the 2012 Isaac Murphy Image Award for Education at Kentucky Center for African American Heritage in Louisville, Ky., during its annual awards ceremony honoring African Americans who have made a difference.
According to the center, Brown received the award based on his work and contributions in advancing access to higher education and his commitment to research and academic excellence. Additionally, Brown earned his master of science degree in educational policy and evaluation from the University of Kentucky. Brown was also appointed a Kentucky colonel by Gov. Steve Beshear in 2011.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- George’s Girls put shopping skills to work
- DMR pays accounting firm more than double contract's worth
- Following ruling, Entergy to hand over records to county
- MSU Foundation names five new members
- Crowded field lines up for Jackson mayoral election
- Justice Department files complaint against tax preparer
- Another fiberhood qualifies for C Spire 1-gigabit Internet service
- Cochran questions nominee concerning Stanford ponzi scheme
- Report: State's emergency care ranks highest in Southeast