Center recognizes Brown
by MBJ Staff
Published: May 27,2012
Alcorn State University president M. Christopher Brown II recently received the 2012 Isaac Murphy Image Award for Education at Kentucky Center for African American Heritage in Louisville, Ky., during its annual awards ceremony honoring African Americans who have made a difference.
According to the center, Brown received the award based on his work and contributions in advancing access to higher education and his commitment to research and academic excellence. Additionally, Brown earned his master of science degree in educational policy and evaluation from the University of Kentucky. Brown was also appointed a Kentucky colonel by Gov. Steve Beshear in 2011.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- WILLOUGHBY: Mayo Flynt leads AT&T Mississippi by enjoying both work and workers
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- 'Blue Economy' important for Mississippi's future
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option