Center recognizes Brown
by MBJ Staff
Published: May 27,2012
Alcorn State University president M. Christopher Brown II recently received the 2012 Isaac Murphy Image Award for Education at Kentucky Center for African American Heritage in Louisville, Ky., during its annual awards ceremony honoring African Americans who have made a difference.
According to the center, Brown received the award based on his work and contributions in advancing access to higher education and his commitment to research and academic excellence. Additionally, Brown earned his master of science degree in educational policy and evaluation from the University of Kentucky. Brown was also appointed a Kentucky colonel by Gov. Steve Beshear in 2011.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS — Cannabis for the rest of us
- MARTY WISEMAN: The current racial strife and the failure to educate
- Source: Bryant has offered Glenn McCullough MDA job
- BILL CRAWFORD: Boyce takes hot spot as IHL commissioner
- Planters Bank promotes at 3 locations
- COMMERCIAL FINANCE 701: Loans disguised as government bonds (BOANs)
- (WITH VIDEO) Funding secured for Capitol Art Lofts in downtown Jackson
- Real Estate Forum panelists: Lenders, investors hungry for deals on residential rentals in Miss., elsewhere
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast