Center recognizes Brown
by MBJ Staff
Published: May 27,2012
Alcorn State University president M. Christopher Brown II recently received the 2012 Isaac Murphy Image Award for Education at Kentucky Center for African American Heritage in Louisville, Ky., during its annual awards ceremony honoring African Americans who have made a difference.
According to the center, Brown received the award based on his work and contributions in advancing access to higher education and his commitment to research and academic excellence. Additionally, Brown earned his master of science degree in educational policy and evaluation from the University of Kentucky. Brown was also appointed a Kentucky colonel by Gov. Steve Beshear in 2011.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Molpus closes Fund after more than $662M in commitments
- MSU reminding fans that drones are prohibited at football games
- Politics of paying for transportation: Hand wringing and a lot of talk
- DeSoto County Supervisor Lee dies in ATV accident on his birthday
- Realtors chooses Nita Wingard
- Entergy agrees to cut $35M from its new rate plan
- No debate, but Cochran and Childers lobby for votes for Senate
- Researchers: Trapping, not hunting, best way to control wild hogs
- Kemper County plant will cost at least another $496M to complete