Center recognizes Brown
by MBJ Staff
Published: May 27,2012
Alcorn State University president M. Christopher Brown II recently received the 2012 Isaac Murphy Image Award for Education at Kentucky Center for African American Heritage in Louisville, Ky., during its annual awards ceremony honoring African Americans who have made a difference.
According to the center, Brown received the award based on his work and contributions in advancing access to higher education and his commitment to research and academic excellence. Additionally, Brown earned his master of science degree in educational policy and evaluation from the University of Kentucky. Brown was also appointed a Kentucky colonel by Gov. Steve Beshear in 2011.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Peoples Bank reports quarterly loss due to bad loans
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal