Lee named superintendent
by MBJ Staff
Published: May 27,2012
Ernest Lee has been named superintendent of the Mississippi State Penitentiary at Parchman. Lee joined the Mississippi Department of Corrections as a correctional officer trainee in 1981 and worked his way up the ranks.
Lee has served as warden at all three of the state’s prisons Parchman, George County and Rankin County at different times over the past 10 years. Most recently, he served as a warden at the Parchman prison.
Lee, a native of Clarksdale, has a bachelor’s degree in business administration from Delta State University.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Spivey named Under 40 Business Person of the Year by the Mississippi Business Journal
- Bids on reworking Interstate 55 stretch are rejected
- JACK WEATHERLY: Finding a house, defending a neighborhood, finding a voice
- Terminal upgrade on indefinite hold at Jackson International Airport
- JACK WEATHERLY: Economic development in these parts is a ‘family’ business
- Report ranks state schools' performance 51st in the nation
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- CFPB wants repay ability at center of new payday loan rules
- Hosemann to launch crowd funding program