Lee named superintendent
by MBJ Staff
Published: May 27,2012
Ernest Lee has been named superintendent of the Mississippi State Penitentiary at Parchman. Lee joined the Mississippi Department of Corrections as a correctional officer trainee in 1981 and worked his way up the ranks.
Lee has served as warden at all three of the state’s prisons Parchman, George County and Rankin County at different times over the past 10 years. Most recently, he served as a warden at the Parchman prison.
Lee, a native of Clarksdale, has a bachelor’s degree in business administration from Delta State University.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Venture Tech merges with ISC, acquires SAT
- PSC's Brandon Presley calls in-state nuclear waste dump a 'harebrained scheme'
- Georgia-Pacific completes acquisition of SPG Holdings
- Corps official: River needs larger ports, locks and dams
- Community Bank names new officers
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Judge intends to rule on McDaniel's challenge before general election
- C Spire, UM installing Wi-Fi network at Vaught-Hemingway Stadium
- Retired judge to hear McDaniel's challenge of primary loss to Cochran