Lee named superintendent
by MBJ Staff
Published: May 27,2012
Ernest Lee has been named superintendent of the Mississippi State Penitentiary at Parchman. Lee joined the Mississippi Department of Corrections as a correctional officer trainee in 1981 and worked his way up the ranks.
Lee has served as warden at all three of the state’s prisons Parchman, George County and Rankin County at different times over the past 10 years. Most recently, he served as a warden at the Parchman prison.
Lee, a native of Clarksdale, has a bachelor’s degree in business administration from Delta State University.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- Dak Prescott's autograph fetches a pretty penny
- Butler Snow names Crockoft new office director
- Gulf oil and gas leases to go up for sale in March
- Grand juries charge seven with election violations
- Farm theft investigation recovers $200K in stolen equipment
- Airport gets grant to support seasonal service from Sun Country
- State officials identify first flu case this season
- STAYING POSITIVE — Career attitude help Brynn Joachim to fight disease at 41