Lee named superintendent
by MBJ Staff
Published: May 27,2012
Ernest Lee has been named superintendent of the Mississippi State Penitentiary at Parchman. Lee joined the Mississippi Department of Corrections as a correctional officer trainee in 1981 and worked his way up the ranks.
Lee has served as warden at all three of the state’s prisons Parchman, George County and Rankin County at different times over the past 10 years. Most recently, he served as a warden at the Parchman prison.
Lee, a native of Clarksdale, has a bachelor’s degree in business administration from Delta State University.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Senate passes teacher pay raise legislation
- The First acquiring Alabama bank in cash/stock deal
- Pickering collects more money from failed beef plant project
- Lawmakers debating alternative to Medicaid expansion
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- MBJ's Businesswoman of the Year never expected her career to take this path
- District at Eastover takes shape with financing in place, tenant signings under way
- Mississippi ag aviation plays a critical role in production and profitability
- Todd Smith's Spin Cycle — Not milk! It’s end of era for milk industry’s iconic ‘Got Milk?’ campaign