Steele returns to MDCC
by MBJ Staff
Published: May 27,2012
Lynda Steele, a retired junior college administrator, has been hired as interim president of Mississippi Delta Community College. The Greenwood Commonwealth reports Steele, a former MDCC administrator, will lead the 3,500-student two-year school until a permanent replacement can be found for Larry Bailey.
Bailey is retiring June 1 and Steele will take over then.
Frank Dantone, a Greenville attorney who leads the president search committee, says the college hopes to hire a permanent president within six months. Steele won’t be a candidate for president.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- Dan Jones rejects IHL offer, won't publicly apologize
- Delta Health Alliance CEO Karen Fox under investigation for possible misuse of funds
- BREAKING NEWS: Trustees offer new deal to Ole Miss chancellor Dan Jones
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- Ole Miss chancellor: Talks continue over job status
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur