Steele returns to MDCC
by MBJ Staff
Published: May 27,2012
Lynda Steele, a retired junior college administrator, has been hired as interim president of Mississippi Delta Community College. The Greenwood Commonwealth reports Steele, a former MDCC administrator, will lead the 3,500-student two-year school until a permanent replacement can be found for Larry Bailey.
Bailey is retiring June 1 and Steele will take over then.
Frank Dantone, a Greenville attorney who leads the president search committee, says the college hopes to hire a permanent president within six months. Steele won’t be a candidate for president.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Telepak strikes another branding deal with C Spire
- Airline announces new service at Oxford
- C Spire launches new WiFi On app for Android-powered phones
- South's oldest casino to reopen as Golden Nugget
- School superintendent terminated after party funds, travel questions
- Doctor appeals Medicaid, Medicare fraud conviction
- At age 17, ‘the flagpole kid’ is already a business success story
- Appeals panel rules against town in race discrimination case
- Entrepreneurs want ordinance change to add micro-brewery