Krutz hired to DREC in Stoneville, Walker attends Lead21
by MBJ Staff
Published: May 27,2012
Mississippi State University has hired Jason Krutz as irrigation specialist for its Delta Research and Extension Center in Stoneville. Krutz began his dual appointment with the MSU Extension Service and the Mississippi Agricultural and Forestry Experiment Station May 1.
Krutz has worked in irrigation management and water quality and quantity research for almost 10 years.
Krutz formerly worked as a research soil scientist for the U.S. Department of Agriculture Agricultural Research Service in Stoneville. A native of Blytheville, Ark., he holds bachelor’s and master’s degrees in agronomy from the University of Arkansas in Fayetteville and a doctorate in agronomy from Texas A&M.
In a separate item, MSU research professor Tim Walker, an agronomist and rice breeder at the Delta Research and Extension Center in Stoneville, will participate in Leadership for the 21st Century, or Lead21. Each year, Lead21 trains 80 participants from land-grant institutions and their associates, such as the U.S. Department of Agriculture.
A Mississippi Agricultural and Forestry Experiment Station scientist, Walker has worked at the Delta Research and Extension Center for 11 years. He grew up on a dairy farm in Tate County, and was active in 4-H and Future Farmers of America. He holds a bachelor’s degree in chemistry and a doctorate in agronomy from MSU.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- MSU researchers develop timber-management software
- New law on taxing methods hailed as big win for businesses
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody