Fitch upgrades rating on Old Republic, subsidiaries to ‘positive’
by MBJ Staff
Published: May 28,2012
MADISON — Fitch Ratings has placed the ratings of Old Republic International Corporation’s (ORI) and its insurance company subsidiaries on rating watch positive. The ratings were previously on rating watch negative, where they had been placed Jan. 25, 2012.
The rating includes Mississippi Valley Title Insurance Company of Madison, an ORI subsidiary.
Fitch wrote in part: “The rating watch reflects ORI’s recently announced plan to spin off of its wholly owned subsidiary, Republic Financial Indemnity Group Inc. (RFIG). RFIG combines ORI’s mortgage insurance and consumer credit indemnity (CCI) lines. A successful spin-off would mitigate Fitch’s concern regarding a potential covenant breach under ORI’s debt obligations and eliminate the cash drain related to RFIG.
“Fitch anticipates that ORI’s debt rating will be upgraded to investment grade assuming the spin-off occurs as specified, and that subsidiary Insurer Financial Strength (IFS) ratings will likely be upgraded by one notch.
“Fitch plans to review ORI’s ratings following the completion of this transaction, which is expected to take place in mid-July.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: Mr. McDaniel goes to Washington
- Moon River Foods creating 100 jobs in Mississippi Delta
- Judge to hear from True the Vote as McDaniel attempts to overturn loss to Cochran
- Google chooses Mad Genius as example of Internet use
- Weyerhaeuser investing $57M to modernize lumber mill
- Two BancorpSouth mergers delayed by federal inquiries
- Health officials identify another case of chikungunya virus
- Biloxi council approves $29M contract for baseball stadium construction
- Wasted away — Margaritaville in Biloxi to close by Sept. 19
- Cochran continues to question EPA over new regulations