Republicans: Seven elected officials to switch to GOP
Published: May 30,2012
AROUND MISSISSIPPI — The Mississippi Republican Party says at least seven local elected officials are switching to the GOP.
State party spokesman Brett Kittredge says in response to a question from The Associated Press that the officials are from Leake, Jones and Newton counties.
Party chairman Joe Nosef will announce the names of the new Republicans during a news conference today in Jackson.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Peavey's wellness program honored after workers drop 1,000 pounds
- Group, lesbian couples look to overturn state's ban on same-sex marriages
- Pickering lists concerns over Mississippi Adequate Education Program formula
- Watkins says JRA out to block him from Farish by repaying HUD $1.5M
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- State renews battle over water use with city of Memphis
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015