Republicans: Seven elected officials to switch to GOP
Published: May 30,2012
AROUND MISSISSIPPI — The Mississippi Republican Party says at least seven local elected officials are switching to the GOP.
State party spokesman Brett Kittredge says in response to a question from The Associated Press that the officials are from Leake, Jones and Newton counties.
Party chairman Joe Nosef will announce the names of the new Republicans during a news conference today in Jackson.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Drew Brees settles lawsuit alleging investment fraud
- Doctor convicted of using phony church for tax shelter
- Ex-Delta mayor indicted, accused of stealing city property
- Cochran's legal counsel asks Court to toss McDaniel's lawsuit
- Williams-Sonoma expanding, adding nearly 1,000 jobs
- Ex-baliff wants pay or her job back after termination
- More than half-dozen groups file charter school applications
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015
- State Rep. Patterson switches from Democrats to GOP