Republicans: Seven elected officials to switch to GOP
Published: May 30,2012
AROUND MISSISSIPPI — The Mississippi Republican Party says at least seven local elected officials are switching to the GOP.
State party spokesman Brett Kittredge says in response to a question from The Associated Press that the officials are from Leake, Jones and Newton counties.
Party chairman Joe Nosef will announce the names of the new Republicans during a news conference today in Jackson.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Peoples Bank reports quarterly loss due to bad loans
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal