Republicans: Seven elected officials to switch to GOP
Published: May 30,2012
AROUND MISSISSIPPI — The Mississippi Republican Party says at least seven local elected officials are switching to the GOP.
State party spokesman Brett Kittredge says in response to a question from The Associated Press that the officials are from Leake, Jones and Newton counties.
Party chairman Joe Nosef will announce the names of the new Republicans during a news conference today in Jackson.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Dan Jones rejects IHL offer, won't publicly apologize
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- BREAKING NEWS: Trustees offer new deal to Ole Miss chancellor Dan Jones
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- Ole Miss chancellor: Talks continue over job status
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Delta Health Alliance CEO Karen Fox under investigation for possible misuse of funds
- Law to bolster utilities’ economic development efforts gets mixed reactions