Texting Leader, Pearl River Glass win MTA’s New Venture Challenge
by MBJ Staff
Published: May 30,2012
RIDGELAND and JACKSON — Ridgeland-based Texting Leader, LLC and Jackson-based Pearl River Glass Studio Inc. both received first place in separate divisions of the Mississippi Technology Alliance’s (MTA) Fifth Annual Mississippi New Venture Challenge at the Jackson Convention Complex.
The New Venture Challenge is a business plan competition that provides an opportunity for aspiring innovators and technology entrepreneurs to pitch their business plan in a rapid-fire format to a panel of angel investors.
“For the fifth straight year, the event has brought together an even more impressive group,” said Tony Jeff, president and CEO of MTA. “These entrepreneurs make me feel good about the future of Mississippi’s innovation economy.”
Texting Leader, a technology company that focuses on mobile marketing and app development for companies worldwide, won against six other competitors in the Commercial Division.
Pearl River Glass Studio received first place among 11 teams in the pre-revenue division. The company aims to leverage the experience of their current glass artists and expand their existing company by integrating innovative glass technology to create kiln-formed architectural glass art.
Mississippi State University-affiliated teams swept the student division. Techsterminators, an online consumer electronics repair platform, received first place. Innometrix, who commercializes innovative medical devices for pelvic floor disorders, one of the fastest growing health concerns worldwide, received second place. Night & Day, a distributer of Breathalyzer vending machines with the mission to reduce DUIs, received third place.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- BILL CRAWFORD: Dan Jones not the angel he is portrayed to be
- JOSH MABUS: Bill Murray and business misfits
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Analysis: Closed meetings can feed false public impressions
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- Bill would use casino taxes for bridges, little for tourism
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- Statue depicts famous duel that originated 'Bowie knife'