Trinity Yachts expanding into military, commercial vessels
by Associated Press
Published: May 30,2012
GULFPORT — Trinity Yachts is diversifying its business — expanding with military and commercial vessels. The Gulfport company’s president tells WLOX television the move was needed after the 2008 economic crash reduced demand for luxury vessels.
Now, John Dane says, the company needs welders and pipefitters for about three years’ worth of work.
The changes required several million dollars in capital expenditures to upgrade and increase production lines. Trinity is now looking to hire about 100 new ship builders.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- JACKSON JILTED —Southwest Airlines pulling up stakes and leaving Mississippi
- Keeping our eye on... Liz Lancaster
- GOP Sen. Thad Cochran to run for seventh term
- Eye clinic operator faces Medicaid fraud charges
- NEW ORLEANS SAINTS MOVING — Mississippi company has the task of moving the football team
- MAN OF STEEL: Madhu Ranade leading Severstal Columbus
- Mega-load move could cause traffic issues
- C Spire launches next phase of 1-gig service rollout
- Hood issues opinion on open-carry gun law
- M&F branches to close as Renasant wraps up merger