Trinity Yachts expanding into military, commercial vessels
by Associated Press
Published: May 30,2012
GULFPORT — Trinity Yachts is diversifying its business — expanding with military and commercial vessels. The Gulfport company’s president tells WLOX television the move was needed after the 2008 economic crash reduced demand for luxury vessels.
Now, John Dane says, the company needs welders and pipefitters for about three years’ worth of work.
The changes required several million dollars in capital expenditures to upgrade and increase production lines. Trinity is now looking to hire about 100 new ship builders.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Education officials changing school rating system
- Gulf LNG terminal mulling export opportunities
- Historic COFO building demolished due to structural problems
- Capital City voters to elect new mayor in runoff
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- New shareholders named for Copeland, Cook, Taylor and Bush
- MSU's Gilbert named finalist for Austin Peay presidency
- Communities vie for TVA sustainability designation
- American HealthTech passes Medicare tests
- First Corolla earmarked for export rolls off of Toyota's line