Trinity Yachts expanding into military, commercial vessels
Published: May 30,2012
GULFPORT — Trinity Yachts is diversifying its business — expanding with military and commercial vessels. The Gulfport company’s president tells WLOX television the move was needed after the 2008 economic crash reduced demand for luxury vessels.
Now, John Dane says, the company needs welders and pipefitters for about three years’ worth of work.
The changes required several million dollars in capital expenditures to upgrade and increase production lines. Trinity is now looking to hire about 100 new ship builders.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Drew Brees settles lawsuit alleging investment fraud
- Doctor convicted of using phony church for tax shelter
- Ex-Delta mayor indicted, accused of stealing city property
- Cochran's legal counsel asks Court to toss McDaniel's lawsuit
- Williams-Sonoma expanding, adding nearly 1,000 jobs
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015
- Travis retiring as head of Mississippi World Trade Center
- More than half-dozen groups file charter school applications
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters