Trinity Yachts expanding into military, commercial vessels
Published: May 30,2012
GULFPORT — Trinity Yachts is diversifying its business — expanding with military and commercial vessels. The Gulfport company’s president tells WLOX television the move was needed after the 2008 economic crash reduced demand for luxury vessels.
Now, John Dane says, the company needs welders and pipefitters for about three years’ worth of work.
The changes required several million dollars in capital expenditures to upgrade and increase production lines. Trinity is now looking to hire about 100 new ship builders.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: Mr. McDaniel goes to Washington
- Judge to hear from True the Vote as McDaniel attempts to overturn loss to Cochran
- Moon River Foods creating 100 jobs in Mississippi Delta
- Weyerhaeuser investing $57M to modernize lumber mill
- Google chooses Mad Genius as example of Internet use
- Two BancorpSouth mergers delayed by federal inquiries
- Health officials identify another case of chikungunya virus
- Biloxi council approves $29M contract for baseball stadium construction
- Three indicted, alleged to have embezzled from agency
- Communities awarded national Main Street accreditation