Trinity Yachts expanding into military, commercial vessels
Published: May 30,2012
GULFPORT — Trinity Yachts is diversifying its business — expanding with military and commercial vessels. The Gulfport company’s president tells WLOX television the move was needed after the 2008 economic crash reduced demand for luxury vessels.
Now, John Dane says, the company needs welders and pipefitters for about three years’ worth of work.
The changes required several million dollars in capital expenditures to upgrade and increase production lines. Trinity is now looking to hire about 100 new ship builders.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Peoples Bank reports quarterly loss due to bad loans
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal